• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Model Shops & Pubs in the B'ham area

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

All being well, this coming Monday, I have splashed out the huge fare of 50p return from London to B'ham! I was wondering if there are any good railway model shops in the City Centre or maybe a short local train, tram or bus ride away.? I know there is an Ian allen shop not far from New Street and there used to be a modelzone too.

Does anyone also know if the Harvester near Sutton Coldfield/Wylde Green or the Toby in the big park at Sutton Coldfield are good to get lunch from?

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan344

Established Member
Toby in the big park is great, having eaten in there many times, the staff are generally good, never had a problem, and the park is lovely to walk around afterwards.

Galvanize

Right in the city centre is the "Post Office Vaults" pub, which is round the corner from Ian Allan book shop on New Street. It's almost a "Blink and you'll miss it" if you walk along New Street, as the entrance is sandwiched between a Greggs and another shop.
Its a subterranean pub, serves a wide range of Lagers (including Foreign lager), Real Ales, and Ciders, they don't do food in there, but your more than welcome to bring food in to eat, they'll even provide you with a plate and cutlery if you ask for it!!
Just be warned, it does get VERY busy there, especially on Friday and Saturday nights.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Toby in the big park is great, having eaten in there many times, the staff are generally good, never had a problem, and the park is lovely to walk around afterwards.

I went on my trip to B'rum yesterday and took an onward train to Sutton Coldfield and went to that Toby in the Park. It was very good Indeed. The train journeys from/to Marylebone-Moor Street went well, loco hauled both directions, although there was a delay on the way back. I thought the Chiltern staff we were very good and their uniforms were very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.