• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Moderna suing Pfizer and BioNTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad465

Established Member
Interesting development, also odd I think that if they were going to sue they've waited this long, given the vaccines were first approved 1.5 years ago:

Moderna said it is suing Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech for patent infringement in the development of the first Covid-19 vaccine.
The US drug company is alleging that mRNA technology it developed before the pandemic was copied.
The lawsuit, which is seeking unspecified financial damages, was filed in Germany and the US state of Massachusetts.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WizCastro197

Established Member
Interesting development, also odd I think that if they were going to sue they've waited this long, given the vaccines were first approved 1.5 years ago:

How would Pfizer and BioNtech even have gotten this information say the claims turn out to be true? Leak?

MikeWM

Established Member
I'm terribly pleased for them that they are apparently still allowed to sue each other.

Of course any individual that is injured or killed by their products is not allowed to sue them or hold them liable in any way - indeed in such cases the taxpayer is paying the (wholly inadequate) compensation, which is a very sweet deal indeed for these companies. But I guess we should be used to 'one rule for them and one rule for us' by now.

Cdd89

Established Member
I think that if they were going to sue they've waited this long, given the vaccines were first approved 1.5 years ago
I guess the optics (and potential state reactions) of sueing back when vaccine supplies were highly limited were negative?

nw1

Established Member
You'd think if they really cared about getting people vaccinated, they'd all work together and not pursue this nonsense.

westv

Established Member
Doesn't surprise me. Remember the smear campaign started against Astra Zeneca.

Last edited:

nw1

Established Member

Edit: Where's the edit facility gone? I don't see anything using my phone.

Just to make it clear, you have (by mistake, I guess) my username (nw1) above the quote. That wasn't me; I didn't say: "Doesn't surprise me. Remember the smear campaign started against Astra Zeneca".

It's likely a deleted comment by another member, but I didn't say that myself.

I said: "You'd think if they really cared about getting people vaccinated, they'd all work together and not pursue this nonsense."

Last edited:

westv

Established Member
Just to make it clear, you have (by mistake, I guess) my username (nw1) above the quote. That wasn't me; I didn't say: "Doesn't surprise me. Remember the smear campaign started against Astra Zeneca".

It's likely a deleted comment by another member, but I didn't say that myself.

I said: "You'd think if they really cared about getting people vaccinated, they'd all work together and not pursue this nonsense."

Moderators: Just to make sure, I presume the forum and/or my account hasn't somehow been hacked? Just raising this concern as I didn't make the quote above.
My comment about editing related to the comment I made above it.
There was no way I could see to correct the quoting error when using my phone.
But now able to edit on tablet.

nw1

Established Member
My comment about editing related to the comment I made above it.
There was no way I could see to correct the quoting error when using my phone.
But now able to edit on tablet.

Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up. Was worried for a minute!

Sm5

Just another sign of the world returning back to normality post covid.

greyman42

Established Member
Moderna were aware of the issues before now but did not want to be seen taking legal action at the height of the pandemic, as the public might perceive them to be delaying the rollout of the vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.