• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Moorgate Emergency Evacuation 17 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
Just been evacuated from Moorgate station due to what the announcements are saying it's a reported emergency, although no signs of anything amiss walking from Elizabeth line via Northern line to way out. I'm curious to know what's going on? The staff I asked also said they didn't know just had to evacuate everyone.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lucy1501

Train 2F67 which is due in to Moorgate at 22:06 is showing delayed due to a fire alarm at a station. I’d imagine that could be the reason why.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As per the TfL website there is a fire alarm activation.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just been evacuated from Moorgate station due to what the announcements are saying it's a reported emergency, although no signs of anything amiss walking from Elizabeth line via Northern line to way out. I'm curious to know what's going on? The staff I asked also said they didn't know just had to evacuate everyone.
That’s the standard message for fire alarm activation.

Last edited:

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
Fire in Charterhouse Square Moorgate 6 pumps attending.

I don't think that can be the cause. Googling a couple of news reports, that fire was this morning. The evacuation from Moorgate that I was caught up in happened just before 10pm this evening.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Fire in Charterhouse Square Moorgate 6 pumps attending.
That was this morning, and contrary to what was reported in many media outlets, the station didn’t close.

I don't think that can be the cause. Googling a couple of news reports, that fire was this morning. The evacuation from Moorgate that I was caught up in happened just before 10pm this evening.
It was just a fire alarm activation.

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
As per the TfL website there is a fire alarm activation.

Thanks! I think there must have been some confusion about that as once I'd got out of the station, I walked past one of the other entrances. The loudspeaker inside that entrance was repeating a message telling people not to enter because of severe overcrowding. Since the entrance shutters were closed and that part of the station was rather obviously deserted, that didn't exactly ring true ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.