• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More Northern Strikes Planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernchris

Established Member
There's rumours going around that there are to be further strikes on Northern in June. I can't find anything online so not sure where the rumours are coming from, but has anything been confirmed? If so, is this in relation to the dispute over the conductor, as all seems to have gone quiet with that lately?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sportzbar

In a nutshell no. I think this comes from a typical 2+2=5 senario. I am told there is a Northern 150 unit running around with a faulty train fx system that is showing 3 dates for strikes in June on the scrolling displays. These correspond to the three strikes in June last year.

AMD

As sportzbar mentions, it'll just be the 150 that hasn't been updated.
Latest union update came out this afternoon - the National Executive Committee are 'comfortable' with the way the talks are progressing at ACAS, however they are being done confidentially so that is all the info available.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There's rumours going around that there are to be further strikes on Northern in June. I can't find anything online so not sure where the rumours are coming from....
The only source I am aware of is your post, so perhaps you can enlighten us? ;)

robbeech

Established Member
They’re on the buffet car saga at the moment with GWR. They don’t have time for more guard based woes whilst they’re sorting the critical issues out.

Llama

Established Member
A 150 is indeed running round with this message displayed in the saloons, saw it myself recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.