• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Moses Gate to Manchester Vic commute

Status
Not open for further replies.

EssexGonzo

Hi all,

I have the prospect of a job in Manchester and good accommodation on Manchester Road in Bolton.

I'd be looking to commute by train and can see times, costs etc. But how loaded would the service be from 0630 until 0800 for example? Is this generally a reliable service?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Simon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thealexweb

According to Recent Train Times the punctuality is okay (see here). However, the normal loadings from Bolton onwards towards the Manchester stations are very high, especially at peak time.

SeanG

Its not as bad as the local paper, "The Bolton News" makes out though. Expect short term pain for long term gain

cin88

It's usually packed, as long as you don't mind standing the whole way it's definitely a better option than getting the bus.

EssexGonzo

Thanks for all the replies. I'll give the service a test drive when I'm next up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.