• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Movements around Bardon/Coalville

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciisfun

Good evening hive mind,
as per the thread title I was wondering if there were any regular movements arount the Bardon and Coalville areas? I'm staying in the area next sunday for a wek or so with work and was wondering if there was anything I could reliably see. I can see a quarry attached to the line at bardon hill, but no stations nearby for local traffic. Many thanks in advance for any insites you may have

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spartacus

Established Member
Lots of quarry traffic on there, though the furthest it'll generally get from Leicester is Coalville. It can be a bit hit and miss depending on the day, but midweek's generally best. Look at Bagworth Jcn on realtime trains for runs.

Sonyman66

I go to Bagworth Junction to photograph occasionally, the monthly test train is scheduled for Monday 2nd which runs from Derby R.T.C. to Knighton Jct then returns also a regular working is the Tinsley to Bardon empties mid afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.