• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Multi-operator Countywide Day Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Also, I think Lincolnshire did have a multi-operator day ticket but that did set you back about £10, no idea if its still available or not.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
In West Yorkshire, there's also the traditional scratch-off day tickets, Day Rover, these including off peak train travel, but Monday to Friday are valid from 0930, but you're not allowed to board a train 1601-1829.
Operator-only tickets can be a problem if on certain routes.
The KDay ticket covers most transdev Keighley routes operating out of the Keighley depot, so you can even travel to Harrogate via Silsden, and includes Keighley-Colne & Skipton-Barnoldswick.
The first West Yorkshire day ticket is only valid on first buses but includes some travel into Lancashire or Manchester.

There use to be the scratchcard version of the MetroDay but this version has since been withdrawn - its either on an MCard (Pink coloured smartcard) or as a paper ticket. I've got about eight of the old sctarchcard versions and I'm keeping two unused for historical reasons.

There is also the Holme Valley Explorer (last time I checked it costs £3.50) which covers the area around Holmfirth, as far as I know the ticket is aimed at those staying in the Holme Valley on holiday.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.