• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My son got it wrong.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

EssexGonzo

.....but was treated very well!

I know we normally only hear of the tales of poor treatment at the hands of dastardly revenue inspectors and guards but this is not one of them!

My son's a student in Canterbury and came home on Friday. His journey is HS1 to Stratford and then a short hop home on AGA. Stratford and the home station have barriers.

He bought his ticket online......for next week by mistake! Every guard and gateline inspector he encountered went with his (genuine) story that he'd made a mistake and one staff member along the way even wrote some sort of note on official stationery (no idea - didn't see it) to help him further down the line.

I guess that as they were TVM tickets rather than print-at-home, there's no way he could re-use on the future correct date anyway so no harm or financial loss.

But it was nice to hear as the by-the-book alternative would have been a penalty fare at best.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Moonshot

Established Member
Stories like this occur a lot more than people imagine - as you point out, its the negatives that get the headlines

Status
Not open for further replies.