• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mystery Loco!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeTheNoo

I know it's a long shot question but does anyone know what went through Kingspark Station on the Newton to Glasgow line at around 8.00pm last night. I'm a street away and can't see the line through the gap in housing across the road from my lounge window at least in summer because of the trees It was definately a diesel and definately old school by the sounds of it!
It would have been great to have seen something a bit different from the usual suburban EMU's like the 314's and the very, very occasional Pendolino, Voyager or Network Rail MPV. :(

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sorry I don't know what it was. But I remember checking CRS before the Scotland v England game in 1999 and there was a Euston to Glasgow Mk3+DVT etc.. set calling at King's Park.

It would be great to see a photo of a pendolino or some Electric Loco's wynding there way through the almost metropoliton like lines of south Glasgow like Queen's Park and Mount Florida. To see them snake there way through the streets above and below.

I hope they don't change the whole area to light rail, as I think its served quite well, and is well laid out along with high capicity stock laid on for the big occasions at Hamden

route101

Established Member
Ive been on a Voyager via Queens Park , this was a xc after 10 . Pretty sure this dosent happen anymore . Last year they diverted shotts services , East Coast and Virgin/xc on the Queens Park line , took me by surprise when i was sitting in Clockwork. Would love to see them going via Maxwell Park too. This Loco could be the NR 37 ? Who knows?

HawkeyeTheNoo

Ive been on a Voyager via Queens Park , this was a xc after 10 . Pretty sure this dosent happen anymore . Last year they diverted shotts services , East Coast and Virgin/xc on the Queens Park line , took me by surprise when i was sitting in Clockwork. Would love to see them going via Maxwell Park too. This Loco could be the NR 37 ? Who knows?

Was on a 314 going into town on Saturday 28th May and a XC Voyager sped through Queens Park at about 8.30pm ish!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The dog and I went up to the station last night at to see if there was a repeat performance but unfortunately no joy! Just the sound of Take That drifting over from Hampden!

Status
Not open for further replies.