• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Rail Ticket Collection Machines at Heathrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of National Rail branded ticket machines have been installed at each Heathrow Express station. They state they are for ticket collection only. They have been installed for at least a month, but today I have seen them switched on at Terminal 4 station. I have taken a picture but will upload when my mobile has a signal. I still couldn't see Heathrow in the list of stations when I tried to find it in the list of stations to collect tickets from on another TOCs website.

I understand more machines will be arriving in the near future with the ability to purchase through tickets from Heathrow to National Rail destinations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Reason077

Those have been there for many months (maybe even 6 months, or more?) but I've never seen them without "out of order" signs on them... until now!

fandroid

Established Member
That's good news. But, how long has it taken HAL to recognise that they are connected to a national rail network and that they might just make some money out of selling/issuing tickets for destinations other than Paddington? Their own ticket machines are the size of small bike sheds and have a functionality that is little better than pay and display car park machines. And, they won't issue tickets with a Railcard discount!

That's good news. But, how long has it taken HAL to recognise that they are connected to a national rail network and that they might just make some money out of selling/issuing tickets for destinations other than Paddington? Their own ticket machines are the size of small bike sheds and have a functionality that is little better than pay and display car park machines. And, they won't issue tickets with a Railcard discount!

It has always been possible to buy an add on Underground journey from Hex machines. Not sure but the lack of National Rail ticketing might have had something to do with Hex only being an associate member of ATOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.