• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National strike Italy - 20/10/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There is a national strike in Italy tomorrow which will affect rail services. The Trenitalia website lists what services are guaranteed to run and these are generally departures in the peak hours. However even now (the evening before) the Trenitalia App will still sell me tickets for services in the middle of the day. Does that mean that those services will run as well?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

railfan99

Established Member
There is a national strike in Italy tomorrow which will affect rail services. The Trenitalia website lists what services are guaranteed to run and these are generally departures in the peak hours. However even now (the evening before) the Trenitalia App will still sell me tickets for services in the middle of the day. Does that mean that those services will run as well?
I was in Milan on the day of the strike and went down to the station to observe as a clerk at my hotel had incorrectly claimed 'there were no trains running'.

It appeared many TrenItalia trains were operating but there were some delays.

Later, I caught the Malpensa Airport Express: it operated but may have been to a reduced frequency, as it was running every half an hour: I thought it was meant to operate every 15 minutes.

rvdborgt

I was in Milan on the day of the strike and went down to the station to observe as a clerk at my hotel had incorrectly claimed 'there were no trains running'.
That statement would always be incorrect for a strike in Italy, since there are guaranteed trains.
I never trust any statements about public transport from anyone not working in public transport. And even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.