• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NCL -> YRK engineering this weekend

800Travel

Hi,

Does anyone know what the engineering is that will occur between Newcastle (NCL) and York (YRK) this weekend please?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GhostManDN91

I'm curious what's the speed limit through Darlington on the avoiding lines for trains passing through?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I'm curious what's the speed limit through Darlington on the avoiding lines for trains passing through?
They’re effectively the almost dead straight up and down mainlines, and 125 mph as already stated. Darlington station itself being on a pair of west side loops.

I think ‘avoiding lines’ implies something slightly different?

GhostManDN91

They’re effectively the almost dead straight up and down mainlines, and 125 mph as already stated. Darlington station itself being on a pair of west side loops.

Yep I didn't know what was correct to call them as I don't visit Darlington that often living next to the WCML lol. I always thought it was 100 for some reason because of the crossovers.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

Speaking as a local I've always referred to them as "avoiding lines"...

I think officially they're the Up and Down Main but considering the vast majority of rail traffic goes via the station avoiding lines has always felt correct.

Established Member
Core works are a renewal of some point work at the north end of the station and a partial reconstruction of a bridge just south of the station.
The bridge work is being undertaken over 6 months.

Out of interest, there was multiple engineers trains in RTT a few days ago for this weekends work at Darlington, all seem to of disappeared from RTT.

Is the work still taking place does anyone know?

class 9

The bridge work is being undertaken over 6 months.

Out of interest, there was multiple engineers trains in RTT a few days ago for this weekends work at Darlington, all seem to of disappeared from RTT.

Is the work still taking place does anyone know?
Look at East Cowton Xovers ( South of Darlington) showing 4 arrivals from Belmont Yard.

class 9

Just had a look, it's changed!! The was 3 others arriving 1600, 1800 & 2000ish, but they've disappeared!

Established Member
Just had a look, it's changed!! The was 3 others arriving 1600, 1800 & 2000ish, but they've disappeared!
That’s why I posted, as they have all disappeared, hence my question!

Established Member
Your post was at 1515, mine at 2119, they were there a couple of minutes earlier.
Well I don’t know how you found them at that time, as myself and several other people who are all very capable of finding these things on RTT, have been looking all day and yesterday at places like East Cowton, Doncaster, York, Northallerton, Tyne Yard etc and they were but there, and as I had posted had been visible a few days before for well over a week, again hence why I asked, on behalf of these people and myself.

class 9

I don't really understand what you're getting at? Are you saying that i imagined seeing the 4 trains i mentioned, that subsequently disappeared.
In hindsight I should have done a screenshot.