• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Need Help With Getting The Newcastle Metro Green Line Into City Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan1990

On Moderation
I planned a trip with my Dad to ride the Newcastle Metro from the best stop off the A19 into Newcastle city centre. There's a choice of 2 different tram stops. As I'm Autistic I've had to have a look at both locations on the Google Street View app so I know what to expect. South Hylton looks like it's a village with very little parking. Pallion seems much better. The only worry that I have there is the car parks having restrictions. I also want to know the best place to get off. Newcastle Railway Station or Grey's Monument?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Sorry I can't help about parking - it will depend how much time you want.
Monument station is better for Newcastle city centre; if you want to see trains, the platforms at the main line station have barriers :(

DanNCL

Established Member
I planned a trip with my Dad to ride the Newcastle Metro from the best stop off the A19 into Newcastle city centre. There's a choice of 2 different tram stops. As I'm Autistic I've had to have a look at both locations on the Google Street View app so I know what to expect. South Hylton looks like it's a village with very little parking. Pallion seems much better. The only worry that I have there is the car parks having restrictions. I also want to know the best place to get off. Newcastle Railway Station or Grey's Monument?
The best option from the A19 on to the Metro would probably be Northumberland Park. I know that's on the Yellow line rather than the Green line, but it's way more convenient for the Metro off the A19 than anything on the Green line. Alternatively, Kingston Park on the Green line is only a couple of minutes off the A1 (three junctions south of the one the A19 meets the A1 at) and has plenty of parking.

The multi storey car park at Northumberland Park costs £1 per day Monday - Saturday, and is free after 17:00 and on Sundays. The Metro car park at Kingston Park costs £1.30 per day and is also free on Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.