• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

neither Berlin-stockholm train running late July

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeter45

Planning travel from Malmo to Berlin last weekend of July but finding neither of the sleeper trains are running due to planned track work for a few days

anybody know where the track work is planned as know alot of people who will be needing the Oresund bridge crossing for a event during this time?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Looking in the DB planner, the Saturday night train is diverted north of Hamburg, probably because of work on the Rendsburg canal bridge.
However, apparently the swing bridge on the diversion route at Lindaunis is out of action for rebuilding UFN, so my guess is that the diverted diversion is probably still at the planning stage :(
One of our mainland European members may know more!

dutchflyer

Established Member
Sorry, dk explanation but as no definitive answer is forthcoming, just some minor tips:
1.best forum for all this, gründlich! is DSO: the german equiv: drehscheibe-online. Most likely as there always, always seems someone wanting to make such trips, there is already some answer with more data.
2.very recently on that forum I read that the SJ Overnite trains for a while=trackworks, would NOt start at Hamburg HBF, but as a minor suburban stop at the end of a S-bahnline; Pinneberg. This may perhaps be the explanation. But somehow I think that was for around Easter. Perhaps a repeat later is planned.
3.you may want to check if some nearby dates -start of the week, or next week, do show trains you want-in such a case it may be that <a>there are trackworks and/or that <b> the final timetable has not/could not yet be shown and you just have to wait till planners in scarce supply have done their job.
In any case-this line on the tunnelbridge via pepper&salt created islands is so important that there will be alternate forms of transport provided if the trains cannot run.

Veteran Member
Sorry, dk explanation but as no definitive answer is forthcoming, just some minor tips:
1.best forum for all this, gründlich! is DSO: the german equiv: drehscheibe-online. Most likely as there always, always seems someone wanting to make such trips, there is already some answer with more data.
2.very recently on that forum I read that the SJ Overnite trains for a while=trackworks, would NOt start at Hamburg HBF, but as a minor suburban stop at the end of a S-bahnline; Pinneberg. This may perhaps be the explanation. But somehow I think that was for around Easter. Perhaps a repeat later is planned.
3.you may want to check if some nearby dates -start of the week, or next week, do show trains you want-in such a case it may be that <a>there are trackworks and/or that <b> the final timetable has not/could not yet be shown and you just have to wait till planners in scarce supply have done their job.
In any case-this line on the tunnelbridge via pepper&salt created islands is so important that there will be alternate forms of transport provided if the trains cannot run.
You are right - as far as I can see without reading the whole DSO thread, it's 4-19 March which are School Holidays in Hamburg. Summer hols start 13 July so...

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Tonight’s SJ EuroNight (arr. 12 March) is also terminating in Pinneberg. This might be one of the first weekends that this arrangement is being used. Perhaps Pinneberg has sidings or spare capacity to accommodate a terminating train and allow cleaners to service it.

(I’m not sure if it carries clean bed linen for the return journey from Stockholm and dirty linen back, or whether the laundry is done in Germany?)

Last edited:

Fragezeichnen

The usual stabling point is probably Langenfelde DB Depot, which is between Pinneberg and the triangular junction with the line to Altona and the currently closed line to Hauptbahnhof.

popeter45

okay so seems fixed train times are avalible now and all seem to be change at Fredericia st from a ICL to IC but strange as timing from Padborg to Hamburg are the same as usual?

Veteran Member
That looks like work t the Copenhagen end as the ICs don't normally serve Fredericia - except for the Aarhus ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.