• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail - Work Displaced

Seehof

What is the rule and how should someone manage themselves when as a Band 2 (whatever that means) they have been displaced? (They found out today). Do they have a time scale for getting another job before they get kicked out? What is the procedure?
I do not ask for myself, as I have long since been retired from driving trains, but a near neighbour and dear friend whose husband is in a right state and does not seem to know what to do. Surely, NR would make the situation clear to them?
Any advice I can give them? Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
What is the rule and how should someone manage themselves when as a Band 2 (whatever that means) they have been displaced? (They found out today). Do they have a time scale for getting another job before they get kicked out? What is the procedure?
I do not ask for myself, as I have long since been retired from driving trains, but a near neighbour and dear friend whose husband is in a right state and does not seem to know what to do. Surely, NR would make the situation clear to them?
Any advice I can give them? Thank you

Yes I would suspect they will. Anyone displaced - in almost industry - should have been written to by department leads / line manager / HR about what this means for them.

I forget whether banding is 1-9 in senority or the opposite away around at NR (I think its the former) in which case a Band 2 is quite a senior role.

Seehof

Thanks. It seems they have just been told but have not received any written or face to face information/help. Apparently, there is a big Zoom meeting sometime when more information will be available.

Seehof

I am sure there must be. I have no idea if the person concerned is a member. They were in a right state though with a mortgage and 2 very small children. What a way to treat people.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Thanks. It seems they have just been told but have not received any written or face to face information/help. Apparently, there is a big Zoom meeting sometime when more information will be available.

Sounds like he will need to wait then, but I appreciate it's going to be quite stressful without hard & confirmed information.

The Puddock

Your friend will be given the information they need by HR and their line manager. No one here can give a meaningful answer or provide any specific advice and nor should they, because it is a rather sensitive matter between your friend and their employer.

I forget whether banding is 1-9 in senority or the opposite away around at NR (I think its the former) in which case a Band 2 is quite a senior role.
Band 2 is the third most senior management pay band, after Executive and Band 1.

Unicorn7

Usually, you would be put on the redeployment list. Therefore any roles that match that persons if they apply, they should have priority over anyone else if their skillset already matches.
There is a whole redeployment team to help support. They should be given more advice shortly.
They can also apply for a lower level role and retain their salary for up to 2 years if they struggle to find something immediately.