• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network test train out on the Lee Valley this afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

class303

Saw a load of Yellow carriages with what looked like a DRS diesel loco at the rear at copper-mill junction today, heading towards Clapton at around 3.30pm. didn't have any lenses in so excuse the rubbish description. what was it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superdrive1

That was a Network Rail test train, running as 1Q71(I think) 10:14 East Ham E.M.U.D. to East Ham E.M.U.D. running via Gas Factory Loop, Barking Upney Junction, London Liverpool Street, Stansted Down Goods Loop, London Liverpool Street, Southend Victoria and Gas Factory Loop, DRS locos 37604 and 37682 were top-and-tailing the train

class303

That was a Network Rail test train, running as 1Q71(I think) 10:14 East Ham E.M.U.D. to East Ham E.M.U.D. running via Gas Factory Loop, Barking Upney Junction, London Liverpool Street, Stansted Down Goods Loop, London Liverpool Street, Southend Victoria and Gas Factory Loop, DRS locos 37604 and 37682 were top-and-tailing the train

thanks. thought it must be, how many bright yellow trains can there be?! was just passing by chance and took me by surprise. 1st time I've ever seen anything of interest that isn't an EMU at coppermill.

superdrive1

thanks. thought it must be, how many bright yellow trains can there be?! was just passing by chance and took me by surprise. 1st time I've ever seen anything of interest that isn't an EMU at coppermill.

There's quite a few of them across the network, all in various formations and such like but there's definitely more than one about!

Status
Not open for further replies.