• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New assessment processs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Following an email from the recent London Midland recruitment drive I understand that there is soon to be a change in the Trainee Train Driver Assessment process with the addition of several new tasks, does anyone out there know any details of the changes or what we can expect from the new process? When will be become 'default' throughout all companies?

Appreciate any information!

Sam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westbrom

Im in same position, might be best to try get an assessment a few months down the line,or early next year, that way you might see some feedback on here what the new tests are all about.

welshjpc

I'm going to the London Midland assessments in October (unless I get a better offer in the meantime?) as well. At least we'll all be on a level playing field I guess. We should get an email with the details of the assessment time etc and that should have the example stuff, which will be the same but different (if you know what I mean).

wills

I'm also on the list for LM - have been looking at the PDF which was posted a little while back about the new assessments - they seemed very challenging at first but reading into it and watching the demo vids that the equipment supplier shows they don't seem THAT bad.

I just want to make sure I get the interview right this time round!

SPADTrap

Established Member
I'm also on the list for LM - have been looking at the PDF which was posted a little while back about the new assessments - they seemed very challenging at first but reading into it and watching the demo vids that the equipment supplier shows they don't seem THAT bad.

I just want to make sure I get the interview right this time round!

Do you have a link to that please bud?

Gstar23

This looks much harder! I passed all the tests first time this year but failed the cbi and now have to go through all the testing again but twice as hard by the looks of it. Does anyone know when the new tests start do we get '2 lives' back with regards to the assessment results or will I still have one crack at the cbi?

Dave1987

On Moderation
From what I have gathered a high proportion of people were passing the old tests (with the practice material available that not surprising) so they have had to change them. I'm almost certain that everyone who has failed in the past will have two more goes at this new test but it does look a lot harder.

svrdan

Im on the list for LM too and looking at the new assessments, ive done the TEA`s before, so know about them.

Is there a link to the videos???

SkinnyDave

Established Member
From what I have gathered a high proportion of people were passing the old tests (with the practice material available that not surprising) so they have had to change them. I'm almost certain that everyone who has failed in the past will have two more goes at this new test but it does look a lot harder.

TBH though there is already practice material and software coming out for the new ones. How2become are changing there courses and you can ore order some of the material.

It may be harder but the practice material will be available as long as people are making money from it

Beveridges

Established Member
The old tests had a 40% pass rate seven years ago before all the aids. Since the aids have come out I can only guess how high it must be now.

It looks like they've gone somewhat "over the top" with the difficulty on the new tests. I wonder what the pass rate will be when these come out.

lion2007

Be interesting to see the new pass rates, a year from now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.