• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New DCC Ready Pendolino set issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittern

Established Member
Hey folks,

Just got the DCC Ready Pendolino set today and it was running fine a short while ago. I switched the points to see if I could route the train into a siding, and when the train arrived in the siding, all power to the controller just died. The light on the controller isn't lighting up and the track isn't powering up. All track seems connected together fine and the plug is fine. Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks.

EDIT: Disregard above. Got power restored, however, there is one more issue.

The motor is incredibly loud. I mean, very, very loud. When going backwards, it struggles to move the train and has to be guided before it takes over itself. My other available models which are being run in are CR 123 and Evening Star, and neither of them have this (although 123 did derail her own tender, uncouple from the train, ran around and started pushing her train and shoved her derailed tender out the way. A great start, no?)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I had a few early issues with the traction tyres coming off on the Hornby Pendolino, The one I have runs quite quietly but the humming noise it makes when first starting up is quite noticeable, but that does not really bother me. I have the full 9 car rake for the Pendolino and it runs superb with the power loco at the front, and even manages quite well in reverse.

I do have an issue with some of the points on my layout, power trips when locos cross some of them, but I put that down to the little Hornby staple type clips you use to pass the power between tracks, I intend to 'hard-wire' the points when I eventually get round to fixing the layout down.

Like I say, check the traction tyres on the power car, this solved my problem and it now runs like a dream.

Bittern

Established Member
CR 123 does not cope well with the "dead" areas of the points, which is what I'm guessing caused the derailment. The Pendolino and Evening Star handle it fine, as can even my Hornby 08.

Status
Not open for further replies.