• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Livery for Europhoenix Class 37800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

XAM2175

Established Member
Full text of the Facebook post:
9 years ago today! 37884 and 37800 can be seen at Washwood Heath soon after being purchased from EMR.
The first two Europhoenix 37’s both went on to have a full rebuild before returning to the mainline.
37800 is due back in the Paintshop in the next couple of weeks, she will carry a livery not yet seen on a 37!
So the photograph is from nine years ago, but the "due back in the paintshop" part is current. Don't know why the OP couldn't include this himself, unless he was trying to make it look like he had special inside gen :rolleyes:

Spirit555

Wouldn't be surprised if ROG blue livery as carried by 47,s/57's previously.

Mark

ExRes

Established Member
I have to say that I'm intrigued, can anyone actually point me towards a picture of the loco in its new livery? the picture in post #11 is hardly something to base an opinion on, especially if it requires rectification

alexl92

Established Member
This looks nice (unlike another recent repaint) :{
Which one do you have in mind?

I'm not a fan of ROG's livery... something about it looks a bit cheap to me. The fact that the writing is a typeface that's available in MS Word (and is one regularly used in childrens' magazines etc) doesn't help. Coming from Europhoenix colours, it's gonna be a significant downgrade.

Sm5

37800 is a remarkable survivor… I recall a decade plus back, the expectation was it would be scrapped in Spain.

looking forwards to seeing its latest colour,

Liam L

37800 is a remarkable survivor… I recall a decade plus back, the expectation was it would be scrapped in Spain.

I’m sure 37884 was the same, was expected to be scrapped once they was finished with it in Spain

Sm5

July 99.. wnxx
Aug 99 to France
Aug 01 to Spain
Aug 07 .. wnxx again
Oct 12 to EMR Kingsbury
Aug 13 to washwood Heath
Oct 14 to Barrow Hill
Mar 15 to Leicester
Aug 16.. Restored to Rog.

60 years old on May 29th 2023, almost 10 of which oou.

not bad for an engine that crashed into a river in 1975 and was rescued by D0280 Falcon no less.

Last edited:

Wyrleybart

Established Member

looking forwards to seeing its latest colour,
I guess it proves the robustness of the EE type 3 and perhaps also the electronics fitted in the 1980s at the Crewe refurb. IIRC the handful that came back to the UK were 37703 37714 37800 and 37884. 37703 and 37714 went to DRS for a while as "supershunters" at Daventry, but I think at least one of them (possibly 37703) got damaged in a shunt. That one was hauled up to Bo ness for a while but has recently been sold to HNRC. 37714 changed hands and is now owned by the Heavy Tractor Group on the GCR.

tomuk

Established Member
Yes an interesting history. Back in 1975 it was almost scrapped after a major incident where it fell down an embankment. It was towed on its side back up onto the railway. The rescue involved prototype locomotive Falcon. Here is a picture from flickr.

Which one do you have in mind?

I'm not a fan of ROG's livery... something about it looks a bit cheap to me. The fact that the writing is a typeface that's available in MS Word (and is one regularly used in childrens' magazines etc) doesn't help. Coming from Europhoenix colours, it's gonna be a significant downgrade.
The class 67

Status
Not open for further replies.