• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New livery for locomotive L51

Status
Not open for further replies.

notverydeep

One of the battery locos L51 has joined the collection of Pride liveried rolling stock operating across London's Rail Network. This is an interesting choice given that these locos spend most of their time out of the public eye. I've attempted to attach a photo - hopefully correctly (not mine - from the TfL internal news channel), and it is quite smart. I wonder if a model will end up appearing for the LT museum?

L51 Pride Livery.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rebmcr

Established Member
This is an interesting choice given that these locos spend most of their time out of the public eye.
I'm sure there are some engineering staff who appreciate such a symbol of acceptance in their workplace!

Strathclyder

Established Member
One of the battery locos L51 has joined the collection of Pride liveried rolling stock operating across London's Rail Network. This is an interesting choice given that these locos spend most of their time out of the public eye. I've attempted to attach a photo - hopefully correctly (not mine - from the TfL internal news channel), and it is quite smart. I wonder if a model will end up appearing for the LT museum?

View attachment 138546
I like that, goes well with L51's slotted bodyside vents. As for it often not being very visible to the travelling public, that is a fair point, but then there are the members of staff (in and out of the engineering department!) who will no doubt appreciate such a symbol in their workplace.

I suspect a model of L51 in it 'rainbow' coat will appear in due time. Given how it's currently 'Pride' season (June-July), I'd be a bit surprised if it didn't appear at the LT Museum.

Nym

Established Member
But not all the time

View attachment 138591
(Pic shows L51 at Cockfosters platform 3)
They do seem to have picked two nice stereotypes there.

Wonder if this means that TfL will be combatting the rampant prejudice that exists once you step a foot out of their office blocks and into the on the ground engineering and technical work (and is (was) ever present in their engineering offices, and given the senior leadership in TfL engineering at the moment, I don't expect it to have changed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.