• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Malden to Hitchin for two people

Status
Not open for further replies.

LE Greys

Established Member
Two friends of mine are coming up from New Malden to Hitchin on Saturday (18th). They both have Oyster cards. I've advised them to cross London on their Oysters and get tickets from Finsbury Park to Hitchin, forgetting of course that they would have to touch out. Was this a mistake and, if so, what should I say instead?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

soil

Established Member
New Malden - Finsbury Park is £3.90 Oyster single, so £7.80 return
Finsbury Park - Hitchin is £16.40 CDR

Total £24.20

New Malden - Hitchin CDR is £21.80 CDR and obviously cheaper.

LE Greys

Established Member
New Malden - Finsbury Park is £3.90 Oyster single, so £7.80 return
Finsbury Park - Hitchin is £16.40 CDR

Total £24.20

New Malden - Hitchin CDR is £21.80 CDR and obviously cheaper.

:oops: Thanks. Must remember to tell them in the morning (my fault for trying to be clever).

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If they take the Victoria line between Vauxhall and Finsbury Park (which is the way I would go if doing that journey, regardless of whether Oyster was used), then they will walk past the readers at Finsbury Park so touching out will be easy.

cjohnson

If it's just a one-way journey on a weekend/bank holiday, then there's always the trick of using the return portion of a Hitchin-FPK super off-peak return, which is only £12 and cheaper than a FPK-Hitchin single.

LE Greys

Established Member
If it's just a one-way journey on a weekend/bank holiday, then there's always the trick of using the return portion of a Hitchin-FPK super off-peak return, which is only £12 and cheaper than a FPK-Hitchin single.

It's a return (sorry, should have said).

Status
Not open for further replies.