• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Mk2 Aircons on the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubscottie

Was looking on the Hornby website to see when their planned Mk2D's in Intercity livery are due..

No longer listed on the website.. (R4462 etc).

Maybe there is a all new version going to be announced at Christmas (fingers crossed!!!!!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Or maybe they are just throwing out the existing model and they have had manufacturing issues in China.

The model isn't a bad model, it just isn't a great model. If they do introduce an all new model, the price will go through the roof for it. Sometimes less is more.

fgwrich

Established Member
Hmmmm...

They may not now be listed on the website, but i doubt where getting any new Mk2s from Hornby from December, especially after this release...

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.co...y_Mk2D_Standard_Class_Brake_Coach_number_9479

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.co...y_Mk2D_Standard_Class_Brake_Coach_number_9486

Have to admit, i doubt Hornby would be producing any new Mk2 Ds for us anyway - especialy after the Kader (Same factory as Bachmann) Murphy Models Mk2s, combined with Hornbys ever decreasing Modern Image range...

dubscottie

Fingers still crossed.. If they do come out in their current form they will probably still have the wrong shade of grey on the bottom. (Hornby thinks it cream)

I did not buy the Mk3's for that reason and ended up getting a load of Lima ones of Ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies.