• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Radiohead album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Established Member
Are there any fans of Radiohead on here?

Even if you're not a fan, you might be interested to know that their new album has been released today. It's only available as a download from their website where you pay "as much as you think it's worth". Quite a bold move which might cut down on the number of people downloading it illegally (saying that, there's already several torrents available for it even though you can get it free direct). It'll be interesting to see whether this has any effects on other bands.

I've just downloaded my copy for £1, but if I like it I'll probably buy the boxed set they're releasing later in the year as I'm a fan.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/shanerichmond/sept07/radiohead.htm
http://www.inrainbows.com/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I read about this in thelondonpaper on the train home from work this evening. Might take a look into it - quite like some of their previous tracks.

Gizmogle

Established Member
I love thelondonpaper :D

Yeah, I heard about this too. Website didn't seem to be working earlier today though.

Think I may download it for about £1 or something cheap too :p

Doesn't seem to be working for me...

Craig

Established Member
Well I've just finished listening. It was alright, but I think it'll grow on me once I've listened to it a few times. Reckoner and Videotape are my favourite tracks so far. Nude is also good, but they've done better versions of it I think.

Think I may download it for about £1 or something cheap too :p
That's how much I paid (45p + 55p card fee), but I'll probably buy the CD or box set when they come out.

Doesn't seem to be working for me...
It is working, it's just very slow. I guess their server is taking a hammering with everyone trying to download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.