• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Timber flow for Devon

Status
Not open for further replies.

noddy1878

Established Member
Today saw the new Colas Rail Timber flow start in Devon. Luckily I had a day off work and managed to see the first train come down. And the sun came out just at the right time for this picture.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Ah, nice shot. Never heard of these workins, are they long term? and how often do they run.

westcoaster

Established Member
From therailwaycentre.com
Above: The first train on the long awaited Colas-operated log trains to Teignbridge on the Heathfield branch operated on 5 December 2011. The train formed of 14 empty KFA wagons powered by Colas Class 66/8 No. 66847 (the original Freightliner No. 66574) operated as train 6Z50, 09.05 Gloucester New Yard to Heathfield via Newton Abbot. The train is seen passing along the Dawlish Sea Wall at Rockstone Bridge.
Colin J. Marsden

noddy1878

Established Member
And from what I've heard will be running twice a week in the new year for 3 years.

stuartmoss

Excellent! I'm going to Dawlish for a week in May so will be sure to keep an eye open for it - what time did you take the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.