• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New TPE conductor test process??

Status
Not open for further replies.

feaky4

Hi I have recently applied for the conductor job in york and passed the online tests TPE give you. I got an email yesterday saying I have been shortlisted and I will be getting an email next week to do online psychometric tests. When I applied 2 years ago I got invited to do them at a hotel, so was wondering if these are the “real deal” tests or a mini one that if I pass I’ll get invited in person? Also if it’s going to be the “dot test” or one of the variants, I can’t find any information about this any where as it seems pretty new??
Thanks in advance for any advice
Keith

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

feaky4

They’re the ‘real deal’. All psychometric testing is done now online

Oh ok thank you! Does this mean the reset of life’s? I lost 1, 2 years ago? I also passed I think it was the raat do I have to do that again?

Fokx

Oh ok thank you! Does this mean the reset of life’s? I lost 1, 2 years ago? I also passed I think it was the raat do I have to do that again?
I couldn’t comment on that to be honest. All I personally know is that all OPC tests with TPE are now completed at home electronically (where possible).

Naturally the customer service role play test has been removed but all the previous tests such as the SCAAT and ticket selling/checking are near enough the same but completed online so I’d imagine that the previous lives do count but I couldn’t confirm that

Marie81

Has anybody completed the online tests? Do you have to do all 3 together or can you complete each one on separate days?

feaky4

I couldn’t comment on that to be honest. All I personally know is that all OPC tests with TPE are now completed at home electronically (where possible).

Naturally the customer service role play test has been removed but all the previous tests such as the SCAAT and ticket selling/checking are near enough the same but completed online so I’d imagine that the previous lives do count but I couldn’t confirm that
Thank you for your info!! Been really helpful!

Has anybody completed the online tests? Do you have to do all 3 together or can you complete each one on separate days?
I get my email on the 1st is says, have you gone to the next stage?

feaky4

Is the SCAAT test letters or dots with TPE?

Thanks
That’s what I’m trying to find out, when I did it in person it was dots but that was 3 years ago the tests seem a tiny bit different so I’m very unsure

Paul 1980

Customer service scenarios and the RAAT test for conductor roles.

Also they can be completed on separate days.

Ingrid129

Thank you for your info!! Been really helpful!

I get my email on the 1st is says, have you gone to the next stage?
I was told I was getting the email on the 1st too but literally just received it. It only has 2 assessments though? The Customer service situations and the RAAT. Do you think we need to pass these then be invited to take the SCAAT, numerical and ticket checking assessments?

feaky4

I was told I was getting the email on the 1st too but literally just received it. It only has 2 assessments though? The Customer service situations and the RAAT. Do you think we need to pass these then be invited to take the SCAAT, numerical and ticket checking assessments?
Yeah I got them as well! Yeah I’d say when you pass you’ll get the next tests

ReidyChooChoo

Do yous think it’ll be much different completing the CSS and the RAAT assessment on a mobile/iPad or would you say do it on a laptop/PC?

feaky4

Do yous think it’ll be much different completing the CSS and the RAAT assessment on a mobile/iPad or would you say do it on a laptop/PC?
I would probably say pc/laptop

At least I can stop going over math problems and concentrate on these 2!
Good luck :)
Same ha ha I keep doing practice scaat tests but they are ending really badly!!! I’m gona have a crack at one of these now and see what happens

L-J

I recieved an email about 9 days ago saying I had been shortlisted and that I would be sent an email link in order to log in and complete the tests, along with the email they had attached some practice material for the tests.

No further information was given for what happens after I had completed the tests, so no idea if I have passed or not.

Back to the waiting game.

L-J

feaky4

I recieved an email about 9 days ago saying I had been shortlisted and that I would be sent an email link in order to log in and complete the tests, along with the email they had attached some practice material for the tests.

No further information was given for what happens after I had completed the tests, so no idea if I have passed or not.

Back to the waiting game.

L-J
Have you taken any tests at all?? I did the first 2 on Wednesday but haven’t heard back or got any invite to last 3 so not sure what’s going on!

Good luck!

L-J

Have you taken any tests at all?? I did the first 2 on Wednesday but haven’t heard back or got any invite to last 3 so not sure what’s going on!

Good luck!
Hiya Feaky4,

Yes I completed the two online tests, and like yourself I've not heard anything back yet.

Good luck to you as well

L-J

feaky4

Hiya Feaky4,

Yes I completed the two online tests, and like yourself I've not heard anything back yet.

Good luck to you as well

L-J
Thank you how do you think it went? I was confident with the raat because I passed it 2 years ago but when I took it this time it felt harder so not to confident! Wonder if it needs to be looked over by actual people and every one’s off till Monday?

Thank you hope we hear back soon

L-J

Thank you how do you think it went? I was confident with the raat because I passed it 2 years ago but when I took it this time it felt harder so not to confident! Wonder if it needs to be looked over by actual people and every one’s off till Monday?

Thank you hope we hear back soon
I found doing these tests online in the comfort of your home makes a massive difference from when your in a room full of strangers in a hotel conference room who are all as nervous as yourself, it's not a nice feeling at all, but then that's part of the test....seeing how you manage under stress.

As for how I've done in these test? I've honestly no idea, I did finish both sets of questions within the time frame....felt like the final countdown on my timer though ha.

Hopefully we'll hear something back soon.

feaky4

I found doing these tests online in the comfort of your home makes a massive difference from when your in a room full of strangers in a hotel conference room who are all as nervous as yourself, it's not a nice feeling at all, but then that's part of the test....seeing how you manage under stress.

As for how I've done in these test? I've honestly no idea, I did finish both sets of questions within the time frame....felt like the final countdown on my timer though ha.

Hopefully we'll hear something back soon.
Have you done these tests in person before then?? I did I failed on the GB test and got sent home after the first 2 ha ha, tbh I’m a bit thrown off with them being done at home, why the change all of a sudden, specially since as you say being stressed is part of it?? Being able to do 1 test at a time when ever you want with in reason seems strange unless they are really loosening up? Same I had 1 min left on the raat but but completed both!
Yes hope we hear back soon let me know when you do!! Good luck and hopefully we will both get an interview!

L-J

Have you done these tests in person before then?? I did I failed on the GB test and got sent home after the first 2 ha ha, tbh I’m a bit thrown off with them being done at home, why the change all of a sudden, specially since as you say being stressed is part of it?? Being able to do 1 test at a time when ever you want with in reason seems strange unless they are really loosening up? Same I had 1 min left on the raat but but completed both!
Yes hope we hear back soon let me know when you do!! Good luck and hopefully we will both get an interview!
Yes I did the tests for a train driver with TPE, went down to Leeds....ironically the train I'd booked travel down to Leeds on was with TPE and it got cancelled!!! I was at the train station thinking...is this a sign!! ‍ ha. I passed all the tests enhanced but only got a standard pass on the GB one, I was totally gutted, a couple of guys walked out of the tests before and during!!! Met a really nice bunch of people at the tests though.

Not quite sure why the tests are being completed online?

I think the waiting game is probably the worst process.

Which station did you apply for?

L-J

Last edited:

feaky4

Yes I did the tests for a train drive with TPE, went down to Leeds....ironically the train I'd booked travel down to Leeds on was withTPE and it got cancelled!!! I was at the train station thinking...is this a sign!! ‍ ha. I passed all the tests enhanced but only got a standard pass on the GB one, I was totally gutted, a couple of guys walked out of the tests before and during!!! Met a really nice bunch of people at the tests though.

Not quite sure why the tests are being completed online?

I think the waiting game is probably the worst process.

Which station did you apply for?

L-J
Very nice that’s good going!! Do you have any life’s left for driver?? Have you downloaded the tool on this site? It’s what I’m useing to help!

That’s typical ha ha!!

No I’m not I don’t mind although I’m worried if the scaats going to be the shapes i would rather GB test!!

I hate waiting specially since it’s not even the end this is only for the next 3 tests if we pass I thought we would know strait away!

I applied for York what about you?

L-J

Very nice that’s good going!! Do you have any life’s left for driver?? Have you downloaded the tool on this site? It’s what I’m useing to help!

That’s typical ha ha!!

No I’m not I don’t mind although I’m worried if the scaats going to be the shapes i would rather GB test!!

I hate waiting specially since it’s not even the end this is only for the next 3 tests if we pass I thought we would know strait away!

I applied for York what about you?

Yes as that was my only attempt for a train driver role, I'm not exactly sure how long the results are valid for with TPE? it will be 3yrs this December coming since I took mine with them.

I bought a couple of practice books that really helped loads, think with the GB it can be a bit of a mine field, you can put the practice in but on the day it just might not go your way.

I applied for Newcastle.

feaky4

Yes as that was my only attempt for a train driver role, I'm not exactly sure how long the results are valid for with TPE? it will be 3yrs this December coming since I took mine with them.

I bought a couple of practice books that really helped loads, think with the GB it can be a bit of a mine field, you can put the practice in but on the day it just might not go your way.

I applied for Newcastle.
That’s good going on your first attempt!! I know it said conductor results is 3 years I did my raat 2 years ago but still been given it to redo I’m guessing because it’s changed it’s reset?
The GB tool on here is really good I can do it really well but scaat with the shapes I’m still struggling with! I hope it’s the dots we have to do
Ah very nice good luck with it!

Mike_Jones

Hi, I have an interview for trainee conductor at TPE. I have passed the OPC tests and was wondering if anyone has done the interview before? If so, could you please give me some tips and maybe the questions that may appear in the interview.

Zomboida

Hi all, currently doing my application for TPE Trainee Conductor.
i am filling out the job experience and it says to tailor your experiences from previous roles to show it would benefit toward the conductor role which is fine
Just wondering if im waffling too much or should i keep it short and concise for each job an(it gives you 5000 characters per role so im not sure if it expects paragraphs )

thanks

Fokx

Hi all, currently doing my application for TPE Trainee Conductor.
i am filling out the job experience and it says to tailor your experiences from previous roles to show it would benefit toward the conductor role which is fine
Just wondering if im waffling too much or should i keep it short and concise for each job an(it gives you 5000 characters per role so im not sure if it expects paragraphs )

thanks

I wouldn’t waffle, but if you’ve got experience that ties with numerous aspects of the conductor role it would be best to include these, but little more than a few lines for each relevant experience (You’ll be asked similar at the interview stage if successful throughout the assessments and will be able to expand on them fully then).

“I’m good in situations dealing with conflict, In my role as xxxx I regularly did XYZ”

“I’m used to working shift patterns because XYZ”

Zomboida

I wouldn’t waffle, but if you’ve got experience that ties with numerous aspects of the conductor role it would be best to include these, but little more than a few lines for each relevant experience (You’ll be asked similar at the interview stage if successful throughout the assessments and will be able to expand on them fully then).

“I’m good in situations dealing with conflict, In my role as xxxx I regularly did XYZ”

“I’m used to working shift patterns because XYZ”
Very helpful.
Thanks! appreciated greatly

Status
Not open for further replies.