• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New - Trainee drivers MTR Crossrail Plumstead Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemo_19

Hi all very new to this. I have been invited for an assessment day I'm 1 weeks time. I'm very nervous. I have been told I shall be doing The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2

·******** The Group Bourdon Concentration Test

·******** The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)

·******** The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)

The practice test I have received shows that the GBCT consists of picking out different Alphabets. I have read that others have done a four dot test. Which shall I concentrate on?

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1986deano

Hi all very new to this. I have been invited for an assessment day I'm 1 weeks time. I'm very nervous. I have been told I shall be doing The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2

·******** The Group Bourdon Concentration Test

·******** The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)

·******** The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)

The practice test I have received shows that the GBCT consists of picking out different Alphabets. I have read that others have done a four dot test. Which shall I concentrate on?

Many thanks

Hey nemo

It's the dots!!! What I done was looked it up on Google image then printed lots off then practiced on them!! Hope that helps and good luck!!

nemo_19

Hey All,

I have my assessment day on the 1st March.. my weak spots are the GBT. I purchased loads of books from how to become so I'm completing those.

My question is how long do we have to complete the GBT on the day? I'm currently working on a 30 second schedule. Also how could I prepare myself for the Tea Occ does anyone recommend any books or CDS that'd help?

Sotac464

Hey All,

I have my assessment day on the 1st March.. my weak spots are the GBT. I purchased loads of books from how to become so I'm completing those.

My question is how long do we have to complete the GBT on the day? I'm currently working on a 30 second schedule. Also how could I prepare myself for the Tea Occ does anyone recommend any books or CDS that'd help?

You have 5 sheets and you have 2 minutes on each sheet. You wont get to the bottom but the aim is 0 mistakes and 0 misses and I believe you must aim for 8-10 rows on each page. I dont know about the Tea occ i havn't started practising that yet. Mine is on the 21st April after I managed to change it. Was originally next Monday but couldnt get the day off work.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Londonirish

Hey All,

Hi nemo well how did you find the day, hope all went well

Peter_Lawrence

Hello all, first post here (have found the site an immense help so far)
Does anyone else have an assessment day on March 8th?

Muzza

Hello all, first post here (have found the site an immense help so far)
Does anyone else have an assessment day on March 8th?

Hello Peter, I will be attending the assessment tomorrow. How you feeling prepared? I'm slightly nervous about the group burdon test, have been trying to practice alot !

All the best

nemo_19

Hey All.

I did pass... Many Thanks.

My advice is to keep calm and make sure you understand what the task is asking you to do. Dont be shy ask questions and focus on the day.

Feel free to ask questions with regards to Day1.

Muzza

Hey All.

My advice is to keep calm and make sure you understand what the task is asking you to do. Dont be shy ask questions and focus on the day.

Hello nemo, well done on passing!

How many lines down roughly were you getting on the group burdon test?

Cheers

nemo_19

I aimed for 11/12 lines. First page was a bit slow but got used to it in the end. If you've practiced you will find it easier! The dots are mainly the usual 4 sets clamped together. A few that are L shaped but you should be fine. Don focus all your attention on it. Spread it try focus on low and high tones for tea Occ. It was manic.

nemo_19

Good luck to all you guys. Don't be nervous just stay calm I was in knots but wasn't as bad as it seems. When you want something badly you just have to focus..

Londonirish

Hey All.

Congrats, what's you're next step in the process, is it just the line manager interview left. Agien congrats

Marcrwno1

Hi Nemo, can you please give us an itinerary of the day I know its the fault finding test, the trainability test where you have to recall information from a long passage and the group bourdon test. If successful on the paper tests what happens in the afternoon? Is there an interview on the same day?
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks Marc

Peter_Lawrence

Hello Peter, I will be attending the assessment tomorrow. How you feeling prepared? I'm slightly nervous about the group burdon test, have been trying to practice alot !

All the best
Somewhat prepared, but in some ways not at all, group burdon test I think I'm alright on
Slightly nervous

Londonirish

So after passing the first few tests of the day, the class started with around 20 people and only 3 of use progressed to the next set of tests the tea-occ I think it's called and this is where I failed, gutted to say the least, think I have to wait 6 months befor I can apply for any TOC, good luck to every one els. But I'm unsure about the fail twice rule could someone please explain thanks guys

Termak

Hey All.

Hey Nemo..congrats on passing your assessment. Any advice on preparation for the hand co-ordination test?

Termak

Somewhat prepared, but in some ways not at all, group burdon test I think I'm alright on

Slightly nervous

Hi gentlemen, how did the assessment go for you? Recently failed my LU T/Op interview so I really want to make sure I pass this one. Any tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sotac464

Hi guys. Do you have an interview on the first assessment day? Is there anyway of practising for the tone test?

Termak

Good people...do we do a test where they show a picture and we have to state what we saw at any stage?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

mresh91

Good people...do we do a test where they show a picture and we have to state what we saw at any stage?

That's stage two of testing done on the second day along with the MMI, don't know the name of the actual test though.

Termak

That's stage two of testing done on the second day along with the MMI, don't know the name of the actual test though.
Thanks Mresh91, that's my only weakness at the moment according to the practice I've been doing. Guess I'll have to work hard on it when I get to that stage.

Davidson4301

I did put down what I think is right, I am just asking in realty if you are doing your pre-departure checks and your manager comes down and tells you to hurry up because there are some VIP passengers what happens in practice?

Always safety first , performance second.

Termak

Hi guys, this might have been asked before but cannot see it anywhere and don't want to miss anything in my practise. So on the assessment day we will have do to:

1. The trainability test part 1 and 2 - that's reading passages and answering questions.

2. The group bourdon test

3. Driver fault finding test

4. TEA-Occ - that includes the sound test and directory search

Is there anything else included in the TEA-Occ? Is the hand co-ordination test included?

thank you in advance, I really want to make sure I am prepared for everything.

Last edited:

dodge79

Hi everyone.
Anybody been and done assessment day 2 yet, just asking as I've got mine on the 4/4/17 and some guidance on the MMI would be appreciated. thanks

good luck to all as well.

NightCrawler

Hi everyone.
Anybody been and done assessment day 2 yet, just asking as I've got mine on the 4/4/17 and some guidance on the MMI would be appreciated. thanks

Completed the 2nd assessment day fairly recently.

If you search 'Multimodal Interview' on this forum you'll find a whole thread on the topic. Very helpful.

Go over the assessment material you were sent, do all the examples and practice - that's the best advice I can give. It will help alot.

On the day when you go in, you'll be given a sheet of paper which will list 6 questions that you'll need to give examples for which will be used in the later MMI structured interview. No time limit and very relaxed; everyone finished writing their examples around the same time.

The WAFV Vigilance, ATAVT Perception and 2-Hand co-ordination tests come next.

WAFV = 30 mins concentration test, a sqaure flashes up on screen and you have to hit a button when it flashes up darker.
ATAVT = image flash up on screen for a second and you have to select what you saw on the next screen. Possibly 8-10 mins long.
2 Hand - if you video game should be a doddle. 5-10 mins possibly.
SJE - the same type of questions you would have answered during the online assessment stages. I can't remember how many questions but there was a time limit.

After that you go for the MMI which will be about an hour long and be you expanding on the examples you gave that morning and answering questions.

Again, practice the material you were sent. Relax on the day. Be honest and open.

Good luck.

Termak

Hi everyone.

Goodluck on your assessment tomorrow..give us feedback on how it goes. I will be there next week for my day 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.