• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newcastle with 259 & 609

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Some phots from yesterdays tour to Newcastle, return was a bit of a farce with 47787 having square wheels (like some of the stock) being unable to return so no heat was available, the warmth was soon lost, I was able to move into first after York, which was a aircon so the sealed windows left it warmer) and after Crewe the front premier dining coach (also an aircon) which had been vacated by most so was able to enjoy some noise as well. Not sure what caused it but leaving York the end of the buffet next to first class also was filling with smoke and stunk for a while after. Well done to Spitfire though having been let down by West Coast again, I know things fail but I was told 787 had flats when it arrived with the stock, if they knew that why send it out? As I said Spitfire could do nothing and feel sorry for them who will face the backlash off any joe public that were left cold on the return.

http://www.seed08.fotopic.net/c1784205.html

Status
Not open for further replies.