• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newest tube stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
Photos of the new 09S stock on LU metals is a little hard to come by , the 09 stock on the Victoria line only make sporadic trips out during traffic hours although there are now three extra paths in the latest working timetable for the line (Nos.271-273) but these are usually covered by 67 stock. The sotck for the Metropolitan is due to enter service in May 2010 I dont think any have been delivered yet though.

Pumbaa

Established Member
At least one has emerged from Derby and been photted being taken south for testing. I'll see if I can find the link again.

subway156

Have found those on flicker before, looking good. Just read about new R-188 stock on NY's MTA is in the works. Part of that delivery is to be new units for Staten Island, whose present cars are falling apart. Did you know, those riders pay nothing to ride?

MCR247

Established Member
The 2009ts & S Stock are perfect. Mini Electrostars!

Daimler

Established Member
The 2009ts & S Stock are perfect. Mini Electrostars!

great... ;)

To be fair to them, they do look pretty nice, in all honesty. Better than Electrostars, even!

They do, however, appear to be suffering from the same ridiculously slow introduction period as the Electrostars, though.

But, for real acceleration, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdy3G_an65s. Brilliant locos - the first time I saw it, I doubted it was in real time. Then I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjZB30iXVio&feature=related.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.