• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NI Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Not the hardest thing in the world to do!!

Nice shots.

The one of 186 is arty in a nice way. Caught on the hop I assume?

The Wanderer.

cheers

yes - i had no idea 186 would be coming and had just boarded my train for the airport when i heard chuffing! Obviously the doors closed at that point!

It is crap really but wanted to show it as, while i must have known steam locos existed in NI i didn't expect to come across one!

Thewanderer

Established Member
Train for the airport? Man that must have been a lovely walk along the Bangor Road from the station to the airport.

The only time I've done that move, after doing the 80 class farewell, flight BFC to LHR for the 67 stock farewell the following day) I got the Airport bus from GVS.

186 is actually an imposter - it's a Great Southern and Western Railway loco at heart.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Train for the airport? Man that must have been a lovely walk along the Bangor Road from the station to the airport.

The only time I've done that move, after doing the 80 class farewell, flight BFC to LHR for the 67 stock farewell the following day) I got the Airport bus from GVS.

186 is actually an imposter - it's a Great Southern and Western Railway loco at heart.

there is a shuttle bus from Sydenham station to Belfast City so it was quite nice really!

I had no idea the steam loco would pitch up r i would have been better organised!

Status
Not open for further replies.