• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nikkor full frame, FX lenses advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredder1

Established Member
Any of you guys shooting with Nikkor FX full frame lenses, could do with another, presently using a 28-300 and a 50 prime, looking at something around 24 to 105? Ideally one that doesn't bend images, any users out there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
I use Nikon fx. Don’t know what your budget is but the sigma 24-105 art is a nice lens. Big and heavy though with an 82mm filter size.

shredder1

Established Member
I use Nikon fx. Don’t know what your budget is but the sigma 24-105 art is a nice lens. Big and heavy though with an 82mm filter size.

82mm very nice, thank you for that I have been looking at one of those, but the Nikkor version, but I`ll check it out

shredder1

Established Member
I`ve just checked out the Nikon versus the Sigma versions of the 24-105 FX and the Nikon 24-120 FX is actually cheaper at the moment, reduced from over £1K, so I`ll try them both out, thanks again

shredder1

Established Member
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens FX format

RRP: £1,059.99
Price: £569.00 & FREE UK delivery
You Save: £490.99 (46%)

MH
  • Business Name:Middleton Hill Ltd
  • Business Type:Limited
  • Trade Register Number:09942502
  • VAT Number:GB239389953
  • Business Address:
    • High Street
    • Repton
    • Derbyshire
    • DE656GF
    • GB
    These are being offered on Amazon, has anyone used this company?

GB

Established Member
Be careful with grey. While there are bargains to be had things can get a bit sticky when it comes to manufacturers warranties.

shredder1

Established Member
Be careful with grey. While there are bargains to be had things can get a bit sticky when it comes to manufacturers warranties.

Thanks very much for the advice, it was delivered today, impressive for the price, worth the chance for me really, but thanks all the same, £450 quids worth going wrong I could live with, but thats about my upper limited, I wouldnt buy an expensive camera this way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_market

JohnB57

HDEW have an excellent warranty of their own - I have experience of this and it works pretty seamlessly. That’s why I recommended them.

shredder1

Established Member
HDEW have an excellent warranty of their own - I have experience of this and it works pretty seamlessly. That’s why I recommended them.

I`ve spoken to them on the phone, they appear quite genuine, I received the lens friday night, a very fast service and was putting it through its paces on Saturday, I`m more than impressed with the lens, service and price, I`ll certainly be using them again.

gazthomas

Established Member
I`ve spoken to them on the phone, they appear quite genuine, I received the lens friday night, a very fast service and was putting it through its paces on Saturday, I`m more than impressed with the lens, service and price, I`ll certainly be using them again.
I bought a Canon 6D mark 2 and lens from HDEW too, good people. We are getting ripped off in the UK by manufacturers and retailers and suppliers of “grey” kit help reduce prices

Status
Not open for further replies.