• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NIR Class 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steddenm

Does anybody know the following regarding the NIR Class 3000 units built by CAF?

The length of one of the driving coaches
The height of the unit including bogies
The width of the unit

Any schematic diagram of the unit

I'm putting together a seating plan of them for a project and can't find any info (or the info is conflicting) online.

Thanks all!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainbike46

Established Member
No clue if this at all helpful, but I think the class 4000 and class 3000 trains have identical width and length

XAM2175

Established Member
Yeah thanks. I've checked with CAF, Wikipedia and Translink and they all say different things!
Where are you seeing it on Wikipedia? Either I'm going blind or none of that data is there at all...

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Does anybody know the following regarding the NIR Class 3000 units built by CAF?

The length of one of the driving coaches
The height of the unit including bogies
The width of the unit

Any schematic diagram of the unit

I'm putting together a seating plan of them for a project and can't find any info (or the info is conflicting) online.

Thanks all!
From the Irish Railway Record society journals:

NIR 3000 Class
Driving cars: 23.74m
Intermediate: 23.14m
Width: 2.75m

Weight: 48.97 + 45.10 + 48.80 tonnes

Seating capactity:
48 (plus 10 tip-up), 1 disabled toilet, 2 wheelchair spaces + 78 + 58 (plus 6 tip-up), 1 toilet

This info was taken from NIR at the time they were new, presumably from details supplied by CAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.