• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Non protected priv onto Oyster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Hi, I remember last year this was a bit of a fiasco getting it done as so few TFL rail stations could do it. What is the current situation?

My nearest stations with TFL services are New Cross, Crystal Palace, Pemge West or Denmark Hill.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
It’s probably still the same. Maybe set a couple of hours aside to get it done at Stratford one day.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hi, I remember last year this was a bit of a fiasco getting it done as so few TFL rail stations could do it. What is the current situation?

My nearest stations with TFL services are New Cross, Crystal Palace, Pemge West or Denmark Hill.

Thanks
Unfortunately it's still only possible to get it done at Elizabeth Line managed stations.

trek

Best to do it at MTR Elizabeth Line Stations where Oyster is accepted.

This means not anywhere between Bond St - Whitechapel (all LU managed) and anything further West than Hayes and Harlington.

Paddington EL is a good bet, although there is often agency staff on the gates so ask them to call someone else if they have no idea what you're on about.

It’s probably still the same. Maybe set a couple of hours aside to get it done at Stratford one day.
In theory it's possible at Stratford, but you'd have to get an MTR EL staff member to come to do it - because the ticket office is usually quite busy and often only staffed by one person it may be a struggle to actually get them to come out and do it on a machine. The LU staff on the gates cannot do it.

London Overground ones are meant to be getting the ability to do it, but progress seems to have been limited and I haven't heard anyone actually succeed.

iphone76

I'll try at Paddington and Ealing Broadway (where I got it done last time) and update here when I get to do it.

You'd think working for MTR makes it easier to get done, but I can assure you it doesn't. ;)

E27007

If your Staff travel Card has the endorsement 11 on the front, you are restricted to Network Rail for Priv rate Travel.
I have my Oyster Card validated for Priv travel at London Bridge Station, ask one of the Staff and use the Oyster Ticket Machine, there is a sub-menu to access the validation screen, the staff member enters a code to find te sub-menu. One of the options is your validity, such as the 11 endorsement.
Obvious , but take your Staff Travel Card along for the serial number

Status
Not open for further replies.