• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North East Rover Bash 04/09/20 to 06/09/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoniC

I have just returned from said bash with @Polarbear .
We had a leisurely drive from Southport to Seaburn via Whitby where we went to the Quayside Restaurant for a fish chips and mushy peas lunch and the meal was divine.
We then drove up the coast to Seaburn to our hotel for the weekend The Lemonfield Hotel
For each of us for two nights including breakfast the cost was £90.00 (The breakfast was amazing ! and so was the hotel, I recommend it as somewhere to stay !).
So Saturday was a beautiful warm day and we each bought a North East Rover Ticket for £10.90 each.
We travelled :
Seaburn to Sunderland by bus
Sunderland to Durham by bus (Nice cathedral in Durham !)
Durham to Consett by bus
Consett to Newcastle by bus
Central to South Shields by Metro
South Shields Ferry to North Shields Ferry (amazingly by ferry !)
North Shields Ferry to Tynemouth by bus (as the hill to the station looked far to steep !)
Tynemouth to Regent Centre by Metro
Regent Centre to Morpeth by bus
Morpeth to Newcastle by bus
Tea at Puccini`s - great value !
Central to Seaburn by Metro and finally
Seaburn Metro to the hotel by bus.
I have to ask do you think I got value for money for £10.90 ??
Today we drove home via the scenic route.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
The Explorer North East is pretty incredible value.

I think my record for one is travelling down from Newcastle to Middlesbrough, then onto Darlington, Richmond, Barnard Castle (this bus was extra, albeit only about £3), back into Darlington, Bishop Auckland, Durham, Consett, Hexham and into Newcastle.

Go North East do a 5-25 day ticket for £4.50, accepting any ID rather than needing a special pass. I've managed to get to Alston on one of those (admittedly only possible with a train to Haltwhistle- but you can then stay on the bus all the way to Alston where it becomes the X81 to Hexham).

Status
Not open for further replies.