• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Belle at Dufftown, 6 June 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
My Dad's scanned this photo of the crew of the inaugural run of the Northern Belle tourist train in front of 47422 at Dufftown on 6 June 1984.

A charter by Grampian Railtours, for a few years the train operated twice a week between Aberdeen and Dufftown using layover time on the First Class mk2s deployed on the King's Cross Nightrider services at the time. Tourists were provided with an 'InterCity Executive' lunch on the way out, a tour of the Glenfiddich Distillery on arrival, and afternoon tea on return. Food and drink was served by an Aberdeen based catering crew, sadly not joining this photo, but other negatives are available I'm told...

My question is, does anyone know the crew in the photo? We're pretty certain that the man in the shirt second from the left is the guard and that the chap on the far right is a traction inspector, who's noted as being particularly pleasant and helpful. Second from the right is the second man, so far left must be the driver.

Does anyone have more info on this train or its crew? I was thinking that @Bill EWS in particular might know more?

Attachments

• 19840606northernbelle14.jpg
    19840606northernbelle14.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hooligan

The guy in the middle is wearing a guards uniform, from the time, I'd hazard a guess and say guy second from left is second man as recognise him from being a driver at Aberdeen fairly recently. Don't recognise any of the others though.

Status
Not open for further replies.