• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern City Line change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGW Bahn

Northern City Line changes?

On 22nd July 2019 I visited London with a friend and we travelled the majority of the line between Finsbury Park and Old Street with brief shack clearances at Drayton Park and Highbury & Islington (sadly not Essex Road as then I would've completed the entire line). I'd travelled down the entirety of this ominous route back in September 2017 with the same person that time the entire length of the line from Finsbury Park to Moorgate and a change I noticed upon heading on it this time was the change to the station signs; they appear to be in a sort of dark blue with the old NSE colours appearing to have been removed since my last visit. I'm not sure if this has been some attempt at a rebranding strategy for the new class 717s which I must say are rather good trains. As well as this I'm certain the lighting and passenger information too has also been modified and altered slightly. Has this actually been the case and if so when did it take place? Regardless the line still remains very eerie and silent full of smog however I felt compared to the class 313s which are now being scrapped (finally), the 717s make the line feel less spooky which is an odd thought. Nonetheless the Northern City Line is still a load of fun and if anything along it has changed does anyone mind mentioning when or why thanks.
67063317_903971319961776_7852851254056189952_n.jpg

717013 arriving into Highbury & Islington bound for Moorgate (above)

67132074_903971283295113_5644417145338068992_n.jpg

313052 departing Highbury & Islington bound for Moorgate (above)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
Only last year were the new signs installed and are simply stuck over the old nse logos

New tiling is being rolled out and old signage covered up in a continuing improvement scheme

TGW Bahn

Only last year were the new signs installed and are simply stuck over the old nse logos

New tiling is being rolled out and old signage covered up in a continuing improvement scheme
Ah right thanks for the info. Shame to see the old NSE features go. It always added something unique and interesting to the line.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Some of the overstickers on the signs are quite poorly fitted and already starting to peel. I'm surprised someone hasn't pulled one off to reveal the NSE design underneath :lol:

TGW Bahn

Some of the overstickers on the signs are quite poorly fitted and already starting to peel. I'm surprised someone hasn't pulled one off to reveal the NSE design underneath :lol:
That doesn't surprise me, the refurbishment is probably being rushed as per with GTR. I'm just glad they're renovating the infrastructure and features along there.

Status
Not open for further replies.