• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Delay Repay Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuwhu

I've had a response to a Northern Rail Delay Repay claim and they've said they can't find the train I claimed for (Despite the Delay Repay page showing the train) and asked me to upload an image showing proof of the train.
Does anyone know where I can do this, I've gone to the "Update the Claim" and can't see where I can do this. I sent them email 2 weeks ago but have had no response

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Obvious question is what was the date (and time) of the train in question, and from where to where was it headed?

Stuwhu

It was the 1900 from Liverpool to Burnage on the 25th Feb. I want to send them this from their own page!

Attachments

• 1678523441816blob.png
    1678523441816blob.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 51

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Did the 1900 Northern service from Liverpool Lime Street for Manchester Airport (calling at Burnage) actually run on Saturday 25th February 2023, or was it "cancelled", and maybe removed from the timetable the night before?

Stuwhu

It was cancelled, but I don't know if it was on the day or removed the day before. But if it was cancelled the day before, it shouldn't come up as an option on the delay repay page?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
It was cancelled, but I don't know if it was on the day or removed the day before. But if it was cancelled the day before, it shouldn't come up as an option on the delay repay page?
No. A train which doesn’t appear in the Published Timetable of the Day isn’t a valid claim. This gives train companies up to 10pm the night before to cancel trains without delay repay liability. There’s almost universal consensus on this forum that that’s nonsense and horrible but it is what it is I’m afraid.

Bertie the bus

Established Member
From the information I can find it was cancelled at 18:23 on the day so there is no valid reason for Northern to reject your claim.

The details I can find say:

25/02/2023 18:23
Cancelled at LIVERPOOL LIME STREET (19:00) due to
((Senior) Conductor/Train Manager)

AdamWW

Established Member
No. A train which doesn’t appear in the Published Timetable of the Day isn’t a valid claim. This gives train companies up to 10pm the night before to cancel trains without delay repay liability. There’s almost universal consensus on this forum that that’s nonsense and horrible but it is what it is I’m afraid.

Seems a bit rich if they still show them as valid options when doing a delay repay claim though.

Status
Not open for further replies.