• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern driver (West side) salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefly83

Hi all. Hoping someone could give me some guidance. I’m looking to see what the salary is for Northern when your start out as a trainee driver and what each annual increment is. Also is the annual increment a guaranteed? Thanks for any advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Moonshot

Established Member
Hi all. Hoping someone could give me some guidance. I’m looking to see what the salary is for Northern when your start out as a trainee driver and what each annual increment is. Also is the annual increment a guaranteed? Thanks for any advice.
Have you landed a job as a trainee driver?

Firefly83

Yeah I recently found out I passed the psychometrics and MMI and have been offered a position subject to medical.

Moonshot

Established Member
Good stuff. Your formal offer will contain the details of how the salary upgrades work from starting as a trainee to finally passed out as a driver.

Moonshot

Established Member
Ok thank you. I will be posted at Victoria
Good luck......you will enjoy it. By the time you actually get to pass out from training, the base salary should be a bit more than £54500. Sundays are also outside the working week as it stands now, so you will get paid overtime for working them.

Aivilo

From memory first year 21700 after one 43400 then 47000 then full whack (currently 54500) give me a shout if you need anything

SVDW995

Manchester Stations

Salary details:

£22,634 per annum during training - approx 12 months

Rising to £43,198 in Year 1

Rising to £47,413 in Year 2

Rising to £54,500 in Year 3 onwards.

Pretty sure they are guaranteed incremental rises, tied with time served i.e. salary with rise in year 1 even if you haven’t passed out within 12 months of starting. Someone shout me down if I’m wrong.

Firefly83

Manchester Stations

Salary details:

Pretty sure they are guaranteed incremental rises, tied with time served i.e. salary with rise in year 1 even if you haven’t passed out within 12 months of starting. Someone shout me down if I’m wrong.
Nice one cheers

Are you starting training next month?
September I’ll be starting. How many courses do Northern run? I’ve heard of a course starting in August, September and November.

Efini92

Established Member
Manchester Stations

Salary details:

The only exception being if you fail the passout.

Efini92

Established Member
What happened? I’ve heard of union stepping in and advocating for the trainee before but not actually being kicked off :/
There was a few where they tried to stop the money going up but ASLEF got their money put up.
This particular trainee failed the pass out so they stopped the money going up at the 12 month mark.

SVDW995

There was a few where they tried to stop the money going up but ASLEF got their money put up.
This particular trainee failed the pass out so they stopped the money going up at the 12 month mark.
Did they get another shot at passing out? Or was employment terminated?

Firefly83

Hi. Can anyone shed any light on how long it takes for your medical results to come back. Just waiting on the drugs test Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.