• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern FF purchase issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Trying to buy a Northern F&F ticket from northerns website and it fails at the payment page; is to just me?

I may simply pay 4 quid extra to get an Advance on Trainsplit for the journey I need today.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have had a report of payment problems with Apple pay , are you using it?
No; I tried multiple payment methods.

I offered to buy an Advance fare for the journey I am making (from Trainsplit), but the Guard insisted I simply get on the train.

dave87016

Established Member
Hi Yorkie I have used plenty of them without any problem , sounds a unusual problem maybe try changing the delivery method option from e-ticket to collect at station or vice versa

roversfan2001

Established Member
I'm also having the same issue - selected collect at station. I didn't try e-ticket fulfilment or different payment cards but I gather from others that this doesn't help.

Kite159

Veteran Member
FF / F&F?
Friends & Family.

Basically an "All network" rover ticket valid on Northern trains for a small fee, with staff given a number of codes to give to friends & family members so they can buy tickets (by jumping through a few hoops on the online booking site)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Northern F&F tickets are valid on any train from 0930; they cost £7 and are only available in conjunction with a code.

Northern staff (as well as staff at various contractors for Northern) get issued codes each year, to give to any family/friends of their choosing.

One code works for up to 4 adult tickets on any given date (plus up to 4 child tickets as well).

They are similar to the complimentary day ranger tickets which are given out as compensation for delays; the key difference is that the complimentary tickets are valid at any time.

Is anyone able to buy them at the moment?

LowLevel

Established Member
EMR have blocked sales of theirs until after the Queen's funeral, with any already purchased being honoured. Maybe Northern have done the same?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
EMR have blocked sales of theirs until after the Queen's funeral, with any already purchased being honoured. Maybe Northern have done the same?
What a bizarre decision. What if you want to use one to travel down to London?

LowLevel

Established Member
What a bizarre decision. What if you want to use one to travel down to London?
With trains likely to be at capacity they have no interest in filling them with people who've paid nothing/15 quid/30 quid depending on the ticket I guess. It's always been part of the terms that they reserve the right to withdraw them on given dates if they expect to be busy, though very rarely does that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.