• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern line to Old St Sat 9 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good afternoon,

All being well I need to travel to Old Street Underground Station this coming Saturday 09 October. I Live in SWR Land and normally when I do this journey, I arrive at Waterloo, take the Bakerloo Line to Elephant & Castle and change onto the City Branch of the Northern Line to Old Street. I have just had an email advising that the Northern Line is closed this Sat & Sun from Kennington to Moorgate so need to find an alternative route, (Not bus, last time I took the 243 and it was diverted a very long way round) . I was thinking of getting the Northern Line from Waterloo to Euston and changing there onto a south bound Northern Line City Branch train, but when I went into the TFL Journey planner it intimates that the Northern Line is only going to Angel, or to go from Euston Sq to Moorgate on the Met and walk from there. Does anyone know, if infact the Southbound City Northern Line will go to Old Street Stn & presumably to on Moorgate.

Thanks. Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewlew

The Bank branch is running as far as Moorgate from the North. Old Street will be open.

Attachments

• D8700304-6A61-4845-96B8-69DABDB67108.png
    D8700304-6A61-4845-96B8-69DABDB67108.png
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 26

AlbertBeale

Established Member
Presumably your ticket to Waterloo would be valid to walk across to Waterloo East and take any train on to London Bridge? There are several bus routes from London Bridge to Moorgate and Old Street. I'd guess this is likely to be as quick and easy as going up to Euston, switching lines, and heading south from there.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Presumably your ticket to Waterloo would be valid to walk across to Waterloo East and take any train on to London Bridge? There are several bus routes from London Bridge to Moorgate and Old Street. I'd guess this is likely to be as quick and easy as going up to Euston, switching lines, and heading south from there.
I had thought of that but at the moment, there are massive road works all around Old Street and buses are diverted all over the place. It took ages when I did that 2 / 3 Weeks ago.

AlbertBeale

Established Member
I had thought of that but at the moment, there are massive road works all around Old Street and buses are diverted all over the place. It took ages when I did that 2 / 3 Weeks ago.

Aha - right; I didn't know that. Sorry to have tried to send you via an un-useful route then!

Status
Not open for further replies.