• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Psychometric Assessment at Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam E

Hi all, sorry If this has been covered as I have had a Search but wanted to ask for an updated answer if possible.

I have a psychometric assessment at Leeds for Northern as a trainee driver
I have been trying to find some practice tests online but I can't find any you can take.

Can anyone who has been through the process shed some advice as I have been trying to get to this point for years like a lot of people and am just trying to get some practice if there is a way I can or if someone could help with what I might get that would be great.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Raikkonen7

This is good for practicing the Group Bourdon.

I also purchased practice material through here. It might be worth shopping around or looking at eBay as £63 is pretty expensive for the platinum pack.

AverageJoe

It has also been said many times that the material sent to you from the toc is sufficient.

I’ve seen and heard of a few that pass the tests, get the job but then can’t retain the info on the course and/or can’t seem to cope with the multitasking of the job when out with an instructor.

It’s seems that sometimes people can practice these tests enough to pass them but then don’t posses the actual skills needed for the job which is non predictable.

I used the practice material I was sent and also the group bourdon test on this forum and that worked for me.

It sounds simple but something like approaching a platform stopping point while you go over a magnet for a restrictive signal and then the dsd goes off has thrown some people in to confusion and they can either miss the stopping point, fail to cancel or don’t reset the dsd.

As much as you want the job you also want to make sure it’s the right job for you so you can relax and enjoy it.

Terry844

It has also been said many times that the material sent to you from the toc is sufficient.

I’ve seen and heard of a few that pass the tests, get the job but then can’t retain the info on the course and/or can’t seem to cope with the multitasking of the job when out with an instructor.

It’s seems that sometimes people can practice these tests enough to pass them but then don’t posses the actual skills needed for the job which is non predictable.

I used the practice material I was sent and also the group bourdon test on this forum and that worked for me.

It sounds simple but something like approaching a platform stopping point while you go over a magnet for a restrictive signal and then the dsd goes off has thrown some people in to confusion and they can either miss the stopping point, fail to cancel or don’t reset the dsd.

As much as you want the job you also want to make sure it’s the right job for you so you can relax and enjoy it.
Not in response to this thread but your comment. There are also a lot of people that want the tests, interview questions and examples and spoon fed to them as well!

Like yourself did the tests with only the materials sent to me and got on just fine. Advice I would give to people over the tests is to make sure you understand what it being asked for you in each test, also being quick is one thing but you also need to be accurate. Wizzing through and answering 30 questions is one thing but when marked you have 5 wrong when the person sat next to you answers 24 but has them all correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.