• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail DSI test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshrowlands

Hi guys I applied for a customer service assistant based at Liverpool for Northern rail about a week ago and I have just relieved a reply inviting me to do an online dsi test (Dependability and safety instruction test).

My goal in life is to work on within the railway and to be honest I like northern rail as a company I'd be happy to work for them I was just wondering has anybody had to do one of these and if so we're you sucsesful for the job in the end of not and secondly I was just wondering how many people get selected to do this stage? I was just wondering if all good applications get sent an invite to do it or have I been selected because I had a really strong application (I put a hell of a lot of thought and effort into it)

If anyone could give me an idea of weather it's a biggie or not that would be great, I'm sat here getting my hopes up way more than I probably should be and id just like to know. Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
The DSI test is the most basic of tests and there will be many, many people doing them. As far as I was aware, everyone who passes the initial basic sift gets invited to do one.

Joshrowlands

Don't say you're an enthusiast if possible...
Yeah no I know to keep that bit out, I'm not that big of an enthusiast anyway I just know a lot about the railway and Trajns but I will keep it on the low as I know the role is mainly about customer service :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The DSI test is the most basic of tests and there will be many, many people doing them. As far as I was aware, everyone who passes the initial basic sift gets invited to do one.
Damn, hopefully they like both my application and my Dsi test answers though, I'd really love this oppitunity

Established Member
The DSI should be seen as a 'Consistency' test.

You are asked duplicate questions at multiple points during the test and you pass as long as you answer (mostly) the same on both occasions.

It's easy. Answer honestly, don't try be someone you aren't, and you will easily pass. :)

Joshrowlands

The DSI should be seen as a 'Consistency' test.

You are asked duplicate questions at multiple points during the test and you pass as long as you answer (mostly) the same on both occasions.

It's easy. Answer honestly, don't try be someone you aren't, and you will easily pass. :)
Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.