• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail job site goes live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bubba

Well, might as well throw my hat into the ring on the Leeds driver job :D

donny12

Does anyone know what the pension arrangements are for new Northern drivers please?

baz962

Established Member
We are phasing ours out . The difference between first year rate and top rate was cut by 50% this year and next year , we won't have a first year rate. I believe though , that all new driver's will have to learn all route's and traction straight away .

rail-god

On Moderation
We are phasing ours out . The difference between first year rate and top rate was cut by 50% this year and next year , we won't have a first year rate. I believe though , that all new driver's will have to learn all route's and traction straight away .

Good to know. Thanks

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Regarding Northern's new website - has anyone submitted a CV?

When applying for a role - there is no facility for downloading & submitting a CV.

CJ

Established Member
I've decided to throw my hat into the ring myself, hopefully I'll hear back soon.

PaulN

Regarding Northern's new website - has anyone submitted a CV?

When applying for a role - there is no facility for downloading & submitting a CV.

CJ
hey CJ its in the application process - when completing each section of the online form, there is a section for CV upload.

donny12

Does anybody know the overtime arrangements for Northern drivers? How does overtime pay work and how much does the average driver work? Sorry if that question is a bit of a ‘how long’s a piece of string’ type question!

C J Snarzell

Established Member
hey CJ its in the application process - when completing each section of the online form, there is a section for CV upload.

The role I applied for has not got a section where you can upload a CV. I've actually contacted Northern HR to query this and there brief reply was that a CV is not required!!!

CJ

PaulN

The role I applied for has not got a section where you can upload a CV. I've actually contacted Northern HR to query this and there brief reply was that a CV is not required!!!

CJ
it might be for different roles/ depots... but I took a look at an application I did a couple of weeks ago and my CV was attached just as I'd uploaded it...... so not sure what they're doing....either way good luck with your application

PaulN

CJ
see screen shot attached

Attachments

• Northern App.pdf
    179.1 KB · Views: 35

Tractor37

Does anybody know the overtime arrangements for Northern drivers? How does overtime pay work and how much does the average driver work? Sorry if that question is a bit of a ‘how long’s a piece of string’ type question!
On the East side of the Pennines overtime is paid at normal rate of pay. Overtime varies each week but can be rostered a maximum of 4 hours per week on spare shifts. Plus any overtime accrued due to late running or report writing. End of shift has a 10 minute window after your official book off time which doesn’t pay overtime, over 10 minutes accrues payment. Hope this helps, don’t know arrangements on the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.