• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Wage

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreamNCookies

I know for me, I asked if I was able to commute daily from Newcastle to Leeds, it was agreed I could when I start.

But the course is now from York next year for me, so win win in my eyes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mechanic2

Does anybody know what the hours are when training with Northern. Start tomorrow at 9am but my pass hasn't arrived in time so having to buy train tickets. Is it a 4pm or 5pm finish? Thanks

Don't they pay you a travel allowance? If you're commuting 5 times daily that is going to really rack up!

Did you also find out at what time you finished training? Did it end up being 3pm?

skyhigh

Established Member
Don't they pay you a travel allowance? If you're commuting 5 times daily that is going to really rack up!
No, as you get free rail travel on Northern. If for whatever reason your pass hasn't arrived in time and you need to buy tickets you'll get them refunded.

mechanic2

No, as you get free rail travel on Northern. If for whatever reason your pass hasn't arrived in time and you need to buy tickets you'll get them refunded.

I don't think Northern have a route from Newcastle to York.
What would happen in this instance?

skyhigh

Established Member
I don't think Northern have a route from Newcastle to York.
What would happen in this instance?
TPE and Northern have residential travel arrangements that can be used, so you'll get a pass which would allow you to travel on a TPE service.

mechanic2

TPE and Northern have residential travel arrangements that can be used, so you'll get a pass which would allow you to travel on a TPE service.

That makes sense now. Thank you for that!

Efini92

Established Member

Did you also find out at what time you finished training? Did it end up being 3pm?
I think the Eastern region still do. On the west side it’s only the guards that get travelling time from their Home Depot.

Incorrect. If you’re based in 1 place and training elsewhere then you’re paid from time leaving Home Depot to time arriving at Home Depot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.