• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Bus News

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flange Squeal

Established Member
Sounds like these could be a handy purchase for Trentbarton’s passengers - wonder if they’ll issue more?

(Link is to an eBay listing for a set of Trentbarton branded stress balls. I have nothing to do with this listing).

Trainman40083

And maybe the Unibus MMCs I suppose.
Something like 15 to 17 might work on Red Arrow. At one point I think only one coach was on Red Arrow, later back to 3. But at a point this afternoon, just 3 buses on Mickleover (PVR 6)

On the latest news for trentbarton on the Derby Bus Depot. Hopefully this is to help with the vehicle shortage.

Odd about Taf Valley. They don't have that many Enviro 200s. One has just been sold to Howard's. Thought some had only just been painted red and black. I was actually expecting some to appear from elsewhere, up North

Last edited:

m79900

Odd about Taf Valley. They don't have that many Enviro 200s. One has just been sold to Howard's. Thought some had only just been painted red and black. I was actually expecting some to appear from elsewhere, up North
Is this referring to Transdev? That would make sense as they have similar 'standards' to Trent.

Trainman40083

Is this referring to Transdev? That would make sense as they have similar 'standards' to Trent.
Now one might think that possible, given ex NCT Enviro 200s might well be released through the forthcoming franchising affecting ex Rosso routes.

SCH117X

Established Member
According to the West Yorkshire Infomation Service fleetlist accesssible via www.wyis.org.uk Transdev are selling five 36 seat and two 29 seat Enviro 200s they acquired from elsewhere. The ex Nottingham ones are being retained for use at other Transdev depots

731 new to Eazibus. 732-6 new to First London as DML44134/5/44/5/8 seated B29D, to Metroline in 2013 and renumbered DE1788/9/98/9/812; Converted to B36F. To Rosso in
2019. To be sold after cessation of Rochdale operation
737 new to Jim Stones, Leigh registered BU52LEE; to Helms, Eastham No. 117 reregistered WX09TGU; to South Wales Transport, Morriston; to Blazefield in 2020. To be sold after
cessation of Rochdale operation

Trainman40083

Established Member
Solo SR 506 seems to be having a tour of trentbarton land this week. Normally a Nottingham vehicle it was on the Ilkeston routes yesterday and today is on the V3.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Let's be careful when making allegations about vehicles being taken off the road. Please include your source and, If you're relying on second-hand information, you must make it clear in your post that it is simply rumour.

I'd also urge caution when using information from the DVLA website; there have been a few instances in the past where information there has not been completely up to date.

Trainman40083

Ahh thanks, fairly sure I saw it earlier moving in the depot, although it might of been 506 since that went into service not long after
It seems only the other day, all these Solo SRs were delivered. I recall a launch even for the Allestree 12 plate batch outside the HSBC bank at the bottom of St Peter's Street.

bringiton

It seems only the other day, all these Solo SRs were delivered. I recall a launch even for the Allestree 12 plate batch outside the HSBC bank at the bottom of St Peter's Street.
Yeah, I remember seeing the Arriva Optare Solo SRs at Albert Street stop. That seems like yesterday.

Davidsb3

I really hope 75 is not sat there broken. That was the TB one that made the news after a meltdown on the A52.
Yes - not 75. I got the wrong one and meant 74.
But it does look like the owners have been looking at 2 second hand coaches in Scotland and may have purchased them.
There are as well (can't remember if mentioned) 29 new ADLs on order for this year that will be split between Derby LM and Kinch.

joieman

yea not 75 wrong one i meant 74 lol
But it does look like the owners have been looking at 2 second hand coaches in scotland and may have purchased them.
there is aswell (cant rmember if mentioned) 29 new ADLs on order for this year too that will be split between derby LM and kinch
If so, then how might these be numbered, assuming they are the 6-cylinder type, given that the 1xx series is running out of numbers?

zakky1.0

If so, then how might these be numbered, assuming they are the 6-cylinder type, given that the 1xx series is running out of numbers?
the 2XX series will probably be pushed into the 3XX now the group has no tempos. a rumour was floating around Langley mill that eVoRa's were being looked at... would prefer eVoRa's to the washing machine ADLs.