• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Bus News

Trainman40083

Vectare service 833 (Bingham Villager) ends today, as the contract passes over to Centrebus. With the service being dominated by Mercedes EVM Citylines, it will be interesting to see what goes on the service under its Centrebus operation.

Nottingham don't really need 506 now with 741 over here, it's just the Rushcliffe Villager which needs a smaller spare bus where possible, but Volvos and Enviros can cope on it if required.
Maybe 506 can work the Red Arrow instead of 7 missing coaches.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SSmith2009

Vectare service 833 (Bingham Villager) ends today, as the contract passes over to Centrebus. With the service being dominated by Mercedes EVM Citylines, it will be interesting to see what goes on the service under its Centrebus operation.
Centrebus have acquired two Islebus I-City minibuses for the service in plain white with branding for Bingham Connect.

Established Member
Maybe 506 can work the Red Arrow instead of 7 missing coaches.
If only it could remain Derby...or just any spare bus.

the villager today started off with all 5 buses but by early afternoon only 2 were tracking resulting in a 2 hour gap in the service!

tram21

the villager today started off with all 5 buses but by early afternoon only 2 were tracking resulting in a 2 hour gap in the service!
The odd thing with that was two buses appear to have been taken off but then put back on, so not broken down? Unless they had to do some sort of quick maintenance then perhaps it was a driver issue?

Over in Nottingham, a journey will almost never be missed. For example this evening after 505 broke down at the station, i4 130 has been put in to replace it on the Rushcliffe Villager

Trainman40083

Maybe some less than profitable journeys are being dropped .

bringiton

I notice 80 is tracking on red arrow, is it possible its actually out?

Would it be worth it though since its not like the busses would be placed on a possibly more profitable service

Last edited:

Trainman40083

I would have thought it is more likely it is the ticket machine rather than the bus. If it was one in the row in B garage at Derby, few ever seem to move. But, never say never. If 82 shows then that definitely isn't the coach

Would it be worth it though since its not like the busses would be placed on a possibly more profitable service
But you could save the mpg and just have more passengers on less buses. Elsewhere, someone suggested more drivers were leaving. I think frustration levels are very high. It is a shame, they have some lovely drivers.

Notts and Derby 74 (FJ10 OXP) is now working Red Arrow services helping out Trentbarton, so it is possible that it is that coach that is tracking as coach 80. I've seen a picture of it, but not physically seen it myself.

I would have thought it is more likely it is the ticket machine rather than the bus. If it was one in the row in B garage at Derby, few ever seem to move. But, never say never. If 82 shows then that definitely isn't the coach

But you could save the mpg and just have more passengers on less buses. Elsewhere, someone suggested more drivers were leaving. I think frustration levels are very high. It is a shame, they have some lovely drivers.

Notts and Derby 74 (FJ10 OXP) is now working Red Arrow services helping out Trentbarton, so it is possible that it is that coach that is tracking as coach 80. I've seen a picture of it, but not physically seen it myself.
Just had an update. Coach 74 is on Red Arrow, doesn't have a ticket machine fitted and isn't able to track. Freebie

Last edited:

Established Member
If that was the case then why was the 1615 and 1730 from Derby not run but all the evening ones did.

Just had an update. Coach 74 is on Red Arrow, doesn't have a ticket machine fitted and isn't able to track. Freebie
Very interesting. Hopefully the borrowing continues and you never know Derby depot might produce a full service one day.

Mugby

Established Member
I've seen the 15.20 departure from Derby on 'The Swift' these past two days (Tuesday and Wednesday) Both days it was standing room only on a Solo, Tuesday it managed to show the destination, Wednesday it was showing 'Sorry, Not in Service'

It's sad to see the image descending into something resembling the cowboy operators of the early days of deregulation.

tom1649

Perhaps it's time for Trent to swallow their pride and buy some second hand buses, or, heaven forbid, some double deckers.

tram21

In more positive news, a driver has said that NCT's first electric buses will enter service on Red 50 on Monday 8th April, all being well!

Last edited:

MCR247

Established Member
In more positive news, a driver has said that NCT's first electric buses will enter service on Red 50, all being well!
Any timescale given? They do seem rather keen to get rid of/reduce mileage on the (long) Enviro 200s

Trainman40083

If that was the case then why was the 1615 and 1730 from Derby not run but all the evening ones did.

Very interesting. Hopefully the borrowing continues and you never know Derby depot might produce a full service one day.
Love optimists. Maybe over the summer Unibus 15 to 17 could help out too. There has actually been a full service for most of a day. Just once. Does the evening service (what time?) not have access to more vehicles as services thin out?

Apologies I wrote it wrong :lol:

It was MEANT to say, they'll enter service on Monday 8th April!
Hopefully 2024.

Perhaps it's time for Trent to swallow their pride and buy some second hand buses, or, heaven forbid, some double deckers.
Or lease some EvoRas. If something does not change , they will have a brand like Ratners did. Worth nothing.

I've seen the 15.20 departure from Derby on 'The Swift' these past two days (Tuesday and Wednesday) Both days it was standing room only on a Solo, Tuesday it managed to show the destination, Wednesday it was showing 'Sorry, Not in Service'

It's sad to see the image descending into something resembling the cowboy operators of the early days of deregulation.
I actually find it worrying that it falls to the older Solos to deliver a front line service. TB are losing market share. The X17 from Wirksworth to Matlock must be the bus of choice. The train Derby to Nottingham. Full of people who would use TB, but now won't or can't. But when you say full. I wonder what those passengers paid? Did that revenue cover the cost of running the bus?

Looks like the Ilkeston Flyer is down to 3 buses today, instead of 6. Three together then a one hour gap. Might be a few taxi refunds reimbursed there

Last edited:

tram21

In further news, CT4N will take over the running of the 866 service from 7th May from Centrebus (Sutton Bonington- Loughborough).

An odd tender for them, but they have resolved issues of drivers and buses so growth would be good!

tram21

With the Rail strike today, its great to see Wellglade putting on a full service for those people who can't use the train, say on the Kinch 9 or Red Arrow. Oh wait... 5 on the Red Arrow and more importantly 2 on the 9... Do they just not care?

Vectare and CT4N have advertised their services as 'rail replacement' but absolutely nothing from Trentbarton- I just don't understand it?

Established Member
With the Rail strike today, its great to see Wellglade putting on a full service for those people who can't use the train, say on the Kinch 9 or Red Arrow. Oh wait... 5 on the Red Arrow and more importantly 2 on the 9... Do they just not care?

Vectare and CT4N have advertised their services as 'rail replacement' but absolutely nothing from Trentbarton- I just don't understand it?
And 2 buses out of 3 on the comet. One of which is a solo. At least 499 is being used with Trent tracking as 750 on the V3.

joieman

In further news, CT4N will take over the running of the 866 service from 7th May from Centrebus (Sutton Bonington- Loughborough).

An odd tender for them, but they have resolved issues of drivers and buses so growth would be good!
I thought it was more odd that Centrebus had the tender in the first place

LowLevel

Established Member
Campus shuttle Solo No6 on the Kinch 9 from Nottingham to Loughborough isn't exactly capacious - luckily it isn't very busy!