• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

November rail strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyjohn

My family are planning for us to meet up for my eightieth birthday on 13th November. We will be travelling by train from Spain via London to Penrith. Would anyone gaze into their crystal ball for me and tell me what the likelihood of strikes will be then?
Any comments much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EZJ

If the dispute is not resolved by November then yes there are likely to be strikes, on what date would be just guessing currently. The new transport minister is apparently in contact with the unions so we shall see if anything comes from that.
I will also add ASLEF are holding a Zoom meeting later today with it's members hosted by Mick Whelan to provide an update to it's members so more information may come from that as to what may happen.

skyhigh

Established Member
Would anyone gaze into their crystal ball for me and tell me what the likelihood of strikes will be then?
There will probably be strikes, anyone who suggests how many or on what dates will simply be guessing. You won't know for certain there won't be any strikes on your travel dates until either the dispute is settled, or it goes past 14 days before your date of travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.