• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Now Playing....

On Moderation
Absolute tune!
YouTube has been kind to me and suggested I listen to another Inspiral Carpets song, one which I can't believe I had forgotten about - "She Comes in the Fall". Totally top tune, with one of the best outros you'll ever hear with Craig Gill's drums and the Farfisa of Clint Boon to the fore.

Better, there is a somewhat grainy video of a live version from 1990:

And a remastered version:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
A song I mentioned previous, New Order's "Leave Me Alone" but a cover by Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth. I really like the New Order original but the mostly-acoustic cover is great, too.

Earth, Wind and Fire - September

We have reached another 21st night of September so I'm listen to this amazing throwback song to mark the occasion

SJL2020

Soccer Mommy - Karaoke Night (EP, Sept 23). New music released in the last couple of days. Currently supporting The National on their UK tour.
The Beths - Future Me Hates Me (2018)

Markdvdman

I brought my old Amazon Echo Plus into work for everyone in the office to use - replaced the DAB Radio as the sound quality is far, far superior.

Anyway - Stratovarius - Visions - a true power metal classic - bliss!

SJL2020

The National - Laugh Track (Sept 2023).

Last night, in Leeds, The National played a couple of songs from their new album, Laugh Track, released earlier this week. They were excellent.

Soccer Mommy also v good in support.

Mainly SE Asia, occasionally Central Belt
Sirenia - Nine Destinies And A Downfall (2007)

Hello world! My first post here of many to come I hope. I'm in a phase where I'm re-listening to many full albums in my collection, so no better time to make this first post here!

Today we have the third album by Norwegian gothic metal band Sirenia - one of their best in my opinion. Unequal parts gothic and orchestral, but all great nonetheless. Here's some of the MVs from this LP:

On Moderation
REM - Femme Fatale. An excellent cover version of The Velvet Underground classic. It's an ideal song for REM to cover as the chorus is made for Mike Mills' harmonies which compliment Michael Stipe.

SJL2020

Speaking of the Velvet Underground's manifold influences, I've just been listening for the first time to the 1981 debut album by Felt: Crumbling the Antiseptic Beauty .

It sounds like VU cross-pollinated with the Byrds.

I don't know much about Felt, but apparently they produced 10 albums so there's a lot more for me to explore.

Also, just listening to the 2019 Boz Scaggs album, Out of the Blues (2019). Has a very good cover of the classic Neil Young track On the Beach.

Over the weekend we finished watching the second season of Skins on Netflix. Hats off to whomever chose the soundtrack for that TV show.

Last edited:
Mainly SE Asia, occasionally Central Belt
Amorphis - Silent Waters (2007)

It's always interesting to go through a musician's entire discography and get a feel of how their sound evolved over years or even decades in quick succession. For Finnish metal band Amorphis, my favourite run of three albums starts here - with them at theiir most melodic, melancholic and emotional:

SJL2020

I've been listening this morning to a couple of (largely) instrumental albums:

Frank Zappa - The Return of Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar (1981)
Broken Social Scene - Feel Good Lost (2001)

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Anne Clark. I couldn’t post a whole album but chose to post this simply because of the similarity to BR nameplates and the (Victoria?) signal post. I’ve only recently discovered her music and was most impressed.
Or this for something more lively.