• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NYMR news and updates.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

william.martin

On Moderation
No, York as far as i know. You are miss respresenting the NYMR press release
Hardly miss representing, I have only quoted what it said in there so from my perspective when it says the king travelled from Grosmont to Pickering and back I assumed that Grosmont is where the king boarded, because that's the start of the stated journey and it doesn't say otherwise, it is (now) clear that it started at York because multiple other people have told me on this thread.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
31466 is now part of the NYMR home fleet.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Repton and Eric Treacy are both able to run to Whitby at the moment.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Hardly miss representing, I have only quoted what it said in there so from my perspective when it says the king travelled from Grosmont to Pickering and back I assumed that Grosmont is where the king boarded, because that's the start of the stated journey and it doesn't say otherwise, it is (now) clear that it started at York because multiple other people have told me on this thread.
Apologies - i meant misinterpreted. The article is correct. The King started his NYMR journey at Grosmont ;)

Ryry

Class 31466 apprently has now been made part of the nymr home fleet.
Can this work long the the line to Whitby or is it only restricted to Grosmont and Pickering

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Class 31466 apprently has now been made part of the nymr home fleet.
Can this work long the the line to Whitby or is it only restricted to Grosmont and Pickering

Only between Grosmont and Pickering currently

Dave S 56F

Also does anyone know the status of 76079 and 825? Are they both out of ticket now? So does that mean there is only one in steam able to do the Whitby run at the moment?
Not quite sure but I think pocket rocket 4MT 76079 has been pulled out of service early due to the state of its boiler plates and superheater and flue tubes cos its boiler ticket was due to run out next year anyhow 30825 just recently had a heavy general overhaul in 2019 so it may just be in Grosmont M.P.D. for minor repairs.

Not quite sure but I think pocket rocket 4MT 76079 has been pulled out of service early due to the state of its boiler plates and superheater and flue tubes cos its boiler ticket was due to run out next year anyhow 30825 just recently had a heavy general overhaul in 2019 so it may just be in Grosmont M.P.D. for minor repairs.
Thanks Dave for the pocket rocket information. Heard from one of the Boiler guys at Grosmont: that 30825 "has a cracked tubeplate and they are in the process of discussions with the boiler inspector with regards the repair procedure".

alexl92

Established Member
My understanding is that only the class 25 Sybilla and 31 Charybdis are cleared for Whitby. 31466, 37264 and 47077 are not.

Im really excited about 60007 and 92214 being the guests locos for the 50th Autumn steam gala. Being Locos that have both been based there in the past I wonder if the 3rd guest will also be a locomotive that was there before.

JKF

My understanding is that only the class 25 Sybilla and 31 Charybdis are cleared for Whitby. 31466, 37264 and 47077 are not.
Was the Class 24 formerly cleared for this? Is that coming back anytime soon?

Harvester

Established Member
Im really excited about 60007 and 92214 being the guests locos for the 50th Autumn steam gala. Being Locos that have both been based there in the past I wonder if the 3rd guest will also be a locomotive that was there before.
One loco I used to regularly see and travel behind on visits before its demise, was the S15 ‘841 Greene King’. No chance of that anymore! Does any part of it (except what’s on 30825) still exist?

alexl92

Established Member
One loco I used to regularly see and travel behind on visits before its demise, was the S15 ‘841 Greene King’. No chance of that anymore! Does any part of it (except what’s on 30825) still exist?
If I’m not mistaken. 825 is mostly 841 but on the frames of 825?

william.martin

On Moderation
Locos no.75069 (courtesy of the Severn valley railway) and 2P no.55189 have joined sir Nigel and the 9F no.92214 in this year's gala guest loco line up.

Trestrol

Probably not, 56856 is still under body overhaul. Body repairs basically done but needs panels putting back on and varnishing. Also awaiting the seats being upholstered.
23956 is also stopped due to a faulty buckeye and drawhook. This repair is the NYMR C&W responsibility.

alexl92

Established Member
Not as far As I know. 92214 has already left, and the Caley tank was there in exchange for the visit of Lambton No.29 so I can’t imagine it will stay for any longer. Unsure about the 4MT.