• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Odd Railtour Cancellation Excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Hi,

I noticed a steam railtour for 23 Aug from London Victoria to Worcester was cancelled at short notice owing to, [Cancelled due to industrial relations issue], I know tours get cancelled for other reasons such as low bookings, track works etc, but I have never heard of Industrial Relations causing problems, I wonder whatthe trouble was?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hi,

I noticed a steam railtour for 23 Aug from London Victoria to Worcester was cancelled at short notice owing to, [Cancelled due to industrial relations issue], I know tours get cancelled for other reasons such as low bookings, track works etc, but I have never heard of Industrial Relations causing problems, I wonder whatthe trouble was?
DBS Drivers not working rest days / extra turns etc. Same reason as the Charity tour to Anglia that should have run in September.

12CSVT

Established Member
I agree, but would love it to include the ETHEL! :D

Even better a 40 double headed with a conventional class 25.

Probably the oddest cancellation was a class 87 farewell, when problems were discovered with the rolling stock (the 87 even took the stock out of Oxley and did an ECS run round the Birmingham suburbs in an attempt to rectify the fault on the stock, but the tour was caped on return to Wolverhampton).

Status
Not open for further replies.