• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Odd Sightings in GWR Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I was on the HDL Railtour to Paignton Yesterday. I think I spotted some odd or old liveries and a funny train during the day.

Have GWR or maybe XC got some 125 power cars using the brown and orange livery from the 1970s/1980s? and also the earlier BR Blue & White Livery?

I think I saw too a diesel hauled train coming south from Exeter around 1805 hrs, pulling what seemed to be 2 or 3 green livered (GWR)? carriages? What would that have been?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
GWR have HST power car 43002 painted in original BR blue & grey livery, and 43185 carries Intercity Swallow livery.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

As you mentioned brown & orange livery there is the possibility you saw 43172 Harry Patch which is predominantly dark brown but with poppies all over it, lovely livery ?

D2007wsm

Established Member
Could it not be the power car painted in Intercity Swallow? That could be mistaken for brown and orange.

83G/84D

Established Member
Ex Northern 150207 worked the Newquay branch for the day yesterday. This was only it's second visit to Cornwall. Today it is on the St Ives branch line. The diagram means it will finish at Penzance tonight so it could end up on the St Ives or Falmouth lines tomorrow.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Ex Northern 150207 worked the Newquay branch for the day yesterday. This was only it's second visit to Cornwall. Today it is on the St Ives branch line. The diagram means it will finish at Penzance tonight so it could end up on the St Ives or Falmouth lines tomorrow.

On a Saturday one of the St.Ives 150s comes out at Penzance in the evening when it runs there and forms 1906 Penzance to Exeter St. Davids so suspect it would have been on that as Journey Check reports this service has no toilets which fits it's description. Was it the leading one on leaving St. Ives ?

Rob F

On a Saturday one of the St.Ives 150s comes out at Penzance in the evening when it runs there and forms 1906 Penzance to Exeter St. Davids so suspect it would have been on that as Journey Check reports this service has no toilets which fits it's description. Was it the leading one on leaving St. Ives ?
It was.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Just seen a picture of it leaving Par so will finish at Exeter tonight. Still to visit Falmouth

83G/84D

Established Member
HST power car 43035 on Long Rock depot today. It was not coupled to anything so presumably something wrong with it that necessitated detachment from a service train.

Attachments

• IMG_2766.JPG
    IMG_2766.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.